Magic Number

BuffalOhio

Right now, the most points NJ can attain is 112, and that's if they win all 9 remaining games.

That means Buffalo needs to get 12 more points, which would put them at 113.

Every time Buffalo gains a point or NJ leaves one on the table, that number goes down by a point.

Right now it's at 12.

For overall points, the max points Detroit can attain is 117; Nashville is 116.

That puts Buffalo's magic number for the PT at 17.

Buffalo needs 12 of the next 18 points for the East, and 17 of the next 18 points for the PT.

Discuss....

A Buffalo win over Jersey next week will all but wrap it up. That would be a four point swing.

Sweep Toronto over the weekend and beat Jersey and its down to two assuming Jersey keeps winning...

Conference will be down to Buffalo versus Ottawa after Buffalo beats Jersey next week.

Take the next three in a row and that would mean Ottawa would have to sweep @FLA, @Tampa, Bruins just to keep pace. They would be seven back with just five to play. Any hiccup would seal their fate. And Ottawa is DUE to lose. They have three tough games. Bruins have played them 3-3 so far with two to go... Plus they have to do the spring break swing over the weekend.

The most points that Ottawa and NJ can obtain is 108. That puts the Sabres magic number at 6 after beating NJ tonight.

I don't know about the conference. I'll try to look at it tomorrow after all of tonight's games are tallied.

Three wins. Six OTL or SOLs; any combination that equals 6 points will do!

The most points that Ottawa and NJ can obtain is 108. That puts the Sabres magic number at 6 after beating NJ tonight.

I don't know about the conference. I'll try to look at it tomorrow after all of tonight's games are tallied.

Three wins. Six OTL or SOLs; any combination that equals 6 points will do!

Uh...we have 105 points. The magic number is 4.

Yup: NJ, Pitt and Ott all at 98 points after 77 games. Magic number is 4 for the Division and Conference. NJ and Ott can end with 50 wins if they win out and for us to end with only 108 points (3 more points), we can only get one win max, which would give us only 49 wins. So, 4 it is. League lead is tied on points -- though, we have the game in hand -- so I think the magic number is 11 still for the President's Trophy.

Yup: NJ, Pitt and Ott all at 98 points after 77 games. Magic number is 4 for the Division and Conference. NJ and Ott can end with 50 wins if they win out and for us to end with only 108 points (3 more points), we can only get one win max, which would give us only 49 wins. So, 4 it is. League lead is tied on points -- though, we have the game in hand -- so I think the magic number is 11 still for the President's Trophy.

If we tie Detroit or Nashville in points and wins, we have the tiebreaker because we beat them both

A Buffalo win over Jersey next week will all but wrap it up. That would be a four point swing.

Sweep Toronto over the weekend and beat Jersey and its down to two assuming Jersey keeps winning...

Conference will be down to Buffalo versus Ottawa after Buffalo beats Jersey next week.

Take the next three in a row and that would mean Ottawa would have to sweep @FLA, @Tampa, Bruins just to keep pace. They would be seven back with just five to play. Any hiccup would seal their fate. And Ottawa is DUE to lose. They have three tough games. Bruins have played them 3-3 so far with two to go... Plus they have to do the spring break swing over the weekend.

Ottawa still has one game left with the Bruins. For some reason, Boston has solved Ottawa. Maybe Buffalo should start watching Bruins-Senators game films. Get some prep time in for the second round matchup.

Archived