* = Division Leader

x-Clinched Playoff Spot; y-Division Champ; z-Conference Champ

Congrats boys!!

Sabres "To Do" List:

Qualify for Playoffs

Northeast Division Champs

Eastern Conference (Reg Season) Champs

President's Trophy

Eastern Conference Champions (postseason)

Lord Stanley

More work to be done...

This one is for Inkman :)

Sabres are officially back in the President's Trophy Race with the Dey-twah loss..

Based on Max points possible

Buffalo: 120

Detroit: 119

Nashville: 118

Anaheim: 118

According to WGR, yes. According to NHL.com, no.

I'm too lazy to bother actually finding out who is right but I'll put my money on NHL.com.

It must be buried in the tie breakers because...

NYI can still get to 100 points.

NHL may be doing what I'm doing and only showing it when it is not in a tie breaker situation or Foxsports and Yahoo are wrong..

Wow, didn't expect all the cynicism and sour attitudes in this thread. Here, I thought that a couple of the major sports websites officially putting the "X" next to our name was cause for a small celebration, but guess not...<_<

BTW, I blame the thread crankiness on inkman.... :nana:

No wjag... I was wrong yesterday BEFORE the Habs took 2pts and TOR grabbed 1... I thought that NYR's had 76 not 77... My bad... Since the Habs game yesterday night... BFLO is now in...

Even better (more points are better and the Sabres don't have to rely on a tie-breaker with the Leafs) because BFLO got a point today v. ATL!

@#7: CAR can finish with 98 pts. (BFLO beats CAR with season series tie-breaker)

@#8: NYR can finish with 99 pts. (BFLO beats NYR with season series tie-breaker)

@#9: NYI can finish with 100 pts.

@#10: TOR can finish with 98 pts. (BFLO has two more games with the Leafs... Leafs have to win both to tie season series... Second tie-breaker is greater number of games won... BFLO has that because TOR can only win 10 more (left) leaving them with 44 total... BFLO now has 46 wins... Thank you OT/Shoot Out WINS!!! :beer: )

@#11: Habs can finish with 96 pts. (BFLO left them in the dust beating TB)

TWO spots open above and five teams... BFLO beats out 4 of the teams... BFLO is in!

So EVEN before today's game with the MockingBirds... BFLO clinched thanks to the Habs win yesterday night and second tiebreaker with the Leafs!

:beer: :beer:

This one is for Inkman :)

Sabres are officially back in the President's Trophy Race with the Dey-twah loss..

Based on Max points possible

Buffalo: 120

Detroit: 119

Nashville: 118

Anaheim: 118

It must be buried in the tie breakers because...

NYI can still get to 100 points.

NHL may be doing what I'm doing and only showing it when it is not in a tie breaker situation or Foxsports and Yahoo are wrong..

Damn it!!!... I want an "X" next to BFLO's name on the standings at NHL.com... I don't know why they didn't put it there?

This was copied and pasted from the BFLO v. ATL recap at NHL.com:

Buffalo, the best team in the Eastern Conference, had won two straight. The Sabres clinched a playoff spot following Toronto's shootout loss to Montreal on Saturday.

:D :D

Archived