Just Found This Board

Hard Rain

Greetings to the board. I grew up in North Tonawanda and have been a huge Sabres fan since day one. I Currently live in Colorado Springs, CO where the snow melts two days after it falls. What a concept!

I listen to every game on WGR's webcast, and though it's not ideal, I'm thrilled to be able to stay in touch with this special team.

One question...Does anyone remember the Sabre Girl who skated in the Aud before the games and threw a sword into the net? My wife thinks I'm crazy every time I bring it up. Tell me it wasn't a dream...

I remember her skating before the game with Sabre in hand, but I don't remember the part about throwing the sword into the net.

How did we go from a cute girl skating around the ice in a skimpy outfit to a stupid mascot sliding down a rope prior to the game. :doh: :doh:

I remember her skating before the game with Sabre in hand, but I don't remember the part about throwing the sword into the net.

How did we go from a cute girl skating around the ice in a skimpy outfit to a stupid mascot sliding down a rope prior to the game. :doh: :doh:

Hmmm, political correctness (ugh)? women's lib? Someone's wife?

At the end of the routine , before skating off the ice she would throw it in to the net and the Aud went nuts. I was 10 and in the Oranges.

Same way we went from the Crossed Sabres & Buffalo (Original) Logo to the slug... :wallbash: :thumbsup:

Living in Colorado I was able to watch the game on TV (with a definite Avs slant).

I graduated from Cardinal O'Hara in 1974 (I attending Bishop Gibbons as a freshman and then it closed). Most of my friends went to NT. I even got invited to their 25th reunion.

Archived