Longest tenured Sabre now?

tragicheroparade

Well, before Marty left it was pretty obvious that it was him, being around since '95 or '96 and all. But now I'm starting to wonder who is the longest tenured Sabre -- who comes to mind?

Max is making the most sense out of everyone I can think of right now.

And of the active sabres (ie, not injured), I think it might be Brian Campbell or Kalinin.

Wowza!

Well, before Marty left it was pretty obvious that it was him, being around since '95 or '96 and all. But now I'm starting to wonder who is the longest tenured Sabre -- who comes to mind?

Max is making the most sense out of everyone I can think of right now.

And of the active sabres (ie, not injured), I think it might be Brian Campbell or Kalinin.

Wowza!

Max, Soupy, and Kalinin all got their first action on the big squad in '99-'00. Soupy started the year in Buffalo but was up and down. Max started the year in Ra-cha-cha, but never went back down after he was promoted.

So, depending on how you look at it, it could be either Max or Soupy. Soupy wore the Shatanic goathead 1st, but Max hasn't worn anything but the Shatanic goathead or the abominable snot smear since he started wearing the goathead.

Interesting. For some reason I thought Max came a year or two ahead of the other two.

Interestingly enough, I guess that means that we officially have no one left with any Stanley Cup experience -- but come to think of it Biron wasn't on the active roster during '98-'99 either, that was Dwayne Roloson.

This is a weird time for me. It's weird seeing the changeover that teams inevitably go through over the course of years. I'm 19 going on 20 in May here, and so these past three or four years are the first time that I've really seen teams have significant changes to the point where I have memory of an entire squad of guys who are no longer with the club. Happening with the Bills and Yankees too.

Cool, and weird. Equally.

Drury - Cup champ with Avs in 2001

Spacek - Finalist last year with Edmonton

Conklin - Finalist last year with Edmonton

Lydman - Finalist in 2004 with Calgary (not sure if he actually got any playing time in the finals)

Ah yeah, I suppose I meant from our run in '99. I was thinking in terms of Ruff being the only one with the team who was with the team then.

Interesting. For some reason I thought Max came a year or two ahead of the other two.

Interestingly enough, I guess that means that we officially have no one left with any Stanley Cup experience -- but come to think of it Biron wasn't on the active roster during '98-'99 either, that was Dwayne Roloson.

This is a weird time for me. It's weird seeing the changeover that teams inevitably go through over the course of years. I'm 19 going on 20 in May here, and so these past three or four years are the first time that I've really seen teams have significant changes to the point where I have memory of an entire squad of guys who are no longer with the club. Happening with the Bills and Yankees too.

Cool, and weird. Equally.

It's called growing up. Wait until he new players could be yor kids!

Ah yeah, I suppose I meant from our run in '99. I was thinking in terms of Ruff being the only one with the team who was with the team then.

that era officially ended when jay mckee was signed by the blues last summer. He was the last player... before that, it was zhitnik and satan, but regier cut them the summer before. Blah... that team was broken up the minute that goal was scored anyways.

Time to look forward, not back. that one hurts the most, probably even more than super bowl 28, which hurt quite a bit

Archived