Will the Sabres make a trade today?

nfreeman

Will there be a trade?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Everyone knows what he/she wants the Sabres to do. Time to predict what will actually happen. Will we make a trade?

• Yes
    • No

I voted no. Darcy has hinted that he would be more inclined to make a move than ever before. Lindy has stated that he would like a defensive defenseman with Stanley Cup experience. We'll see.

I believe something similar. I believe he will trade a mid-level draft pick for a steady defenseman who can add depth, using Gaustad's salary to pay to the salary cap. Not really a difference maker unless we get hit with huge injuries to the defenseman again, but rather an insurance policy against that eventuality and someone who could allow Paetsch to flex over to offense if necessary while the forwards get healthy.

I believe something similar. I believe he will trade a mid-level draft pick for a steady defenseman who can add depth, using Gaustad's salary to pay to the salary cap. Not really a difference maker unless we get hit with huge injuries to the defenseman again, but rather an insurance policy against that eventuality and someone who could allow Paetsch to flex over to offense if necessary while the forwards get healthy.

As nice as that would be, I don't think its possible. Gaustad made almost bare minimum this season and I doubt you find anyone worth a pick for that amount (unless you claim a player off waivers)

Second, Gaustads salary is already being used to pay the rochester guys with all of the injuries recently.

I say no, because that Darcy, its not characteristic of him to make a deal, unless he is raping the other team in a deal. In order for him to make a deal it would have to be dollar for dollar, or dump some salary first, otherwise a player for picks move can't happen. Personnally I would get whatever I could for Biron right now, make a move for a defencemen like Ruff wants (you give him whatever he says he needs) and make a claim for someone like Boucher off waivers right now to backup Miller or deal for someone like Belfour (a very cheap backup with lots of playoff experience)

Keith Primeau on Sportsnet says the Leafs and Sabres are looking at Jaamal Myers. Glen Healey on TSN says expect Myers to be a Leaf. I've always liked Myers, he's fast, works hard and is a tough hombre.

How's the coverage in the USA?

It's way over the top here. Starting at 9 am here, 10 am in the east time zone, it's wall to wall coverage on Sportsnet, TSN and TheScore.

Not much talk about the Sabres aside from what I said abouve.

Generally I like the TSN guys better, but what a freakin' circus over on Sportsnet. They've got Eklund giving rumor reports in a darkened room, they have the Hanson Brothers playing bubble hockey, they have like 20 chicks doing who knows what, they have some artist painting a picture to auction for charity.

TSN has 3 guys in the background talking on the phone and checking blackberries.

Archived