Ottawa Sun

Hawk

That's funny, that "fight" looked like a wrestling bout to me, with no winner.

The McGrattan/Peters fight on the other hand is Peters all the way, he landed two absolute bombs on McGrattan, who only got in four wiffs at best.

Yep. It's not the guy who threw the last punch who wins, but the guy who threw the best punches.

I like this quote:

On the first shift they shared, McGrattan appeared to hurt his ribs when hit into the boards by Patrick Kaleta. He didn't go off the ice, however, and found a second wind when Peters and Wade Redden became involved in a shoving exchange. McGrattan raced into the mix and immediately started throwing punches at Peters.

So where was the third-man-in major? :huh:

Oh I guess that only happens when it's a Sabre (see, e.g., the fracas after the Ovechkin hit on Briere).

The McGrattan/Peters fight on the other hand is Peters all the way, he landed two absolute bombs on McGrattan, who only got in four wiffs at best.

McGratton is hurting today. He took that hit along the boards from our native son of Evans and then Peters blasted him in the face really hard.

The best camera shot of the night was of McGratton dazed and doubling over in the penalty box after the fight.

You're the one in a daze if you think that was because of the fight. Earlier in the shift Mcg. got checked into the boards by the bench getting his ribs blasted in the process.

Tough buy Peters figures he can go after Redden now since McG. wouldn't be able to fight. Peters thought wrong and still couldn't win the fight.

You're the one in a daze if you think that was because of the fight. Earlier in the shift Mcg. got checked into the boards by the bench getting his ribs blasted in the process.

Tough buy Peters figures he can go after Redden now since McG. wouldn't be able to fight. Peters thought wrong and still couldn't win the fight.

I thought Peters won it. He caught McG with two early right on the button.

I don't think McG got in a good one, but stood up well. I give Peter's a narrow win.

Neil had a clear win. But neither McG or Neil gave either guy a chance to square up which

is BS in my opinion.

Redden got after Peter's first and once he realized it was Petey, he crapped himself and started backing down until McRotten came in and took two bombs to the right side of his face right away.

Don't feed the tool.

Attaboy, you baby sens fan! Now go back to Scotiabank Placard and watch your team take a first round exit in April. :nana:

Maybe Peters was protecting one of our youngsters who was illegally checked to the ice in the slot without the puck by Redden. Another unpenalized, Ottawa hit. Shocking!

Neil had a clear win. But neither McG or Neil gave either guy a chance to square up which

is BS in my opinion.

Totally. What is with guys throwing punches before the other guy is set? That is clearly the only way either of those two has a chance in a fight.

There was a belief Campbell should have suspended Buffalo winger Andrew Peters for fighting goalie Ray Emery. :rolleyes:

I could understand if Peters went after Emery if Emery was standing between the pipes mining his own business. But when Emerey left the crease to mix it up that's when he became fair game. At that point all bets are off.

http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Hockey/200...664184-sun.html

There was a belief Campbell should have suspended Buffalo winger Andrew Peters for fighting goalie Ray Emery. :rolleyes:

I could understand if Peters went after Emery if Emery was standing between the pipes mining his own business. But when Emerey left the crease to mix it up that's when he became fair game. At that point all bets are off.

http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Hockey/200...664184-sun.html

...not to mention the fact that, after Emery took Biron down, you don't go back after the guy - which he did. I'm not sure if this is what made Peters jump in, but when he saw Emery trying to square up with Biron AGAIN I think "protocol" went out the window.

...not to mention the fact that, after Emery took Biron down, you don't go back after the guy - which he did. I'm not sure if this is what made Peters jump in, but when he saw Emery trying to square up with Biron AGAIN I think "protocol" went out the window.

I agree wholeheartedly with your take. I guess what really ticked me off was the whole notion that Campell (Bettmans Lackey) should have suspended Peters when it was Neils blindsided hit on Captain Chris Drury that started this whole thing. If there was to be a belief about anyone being suspended that belief should have been about Neil not Peters. Not to mention Emery is nothing more than a goon in goalie pads.

now take a look really hard at the video of the fight and tell me why Emery went back at biron. He should have just stayed on the ice peeing his pants.

Emery put him down. Didn't feed him, which he could easily have done. Emery gets up and biron grabs Emery's pad to pull him down (hint: in the Buffalo play by play, degenerate describes this as 'biron drops Emery").

Quick!! someone find the fight on hockeyfights.com to see what they say... :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/31874

slight edge of McGrattatan.

Other than the overhand that buckled andy's knees and dropped him.

Archived