Thursday game video review and comments

heceta

OK- I have reviewed the video on a frame by frame basis. Like my analysis or not- hte video clearly supports this.

The hit was late- but not blatantly late- it was cheap- made in poor judgement- and uncalled for. But it was not dirty.

Drury should have seen him coming- the actual contact was on the side of the shoulder- mostly the front side. If it was a blind hit- then Drury would not have fallen in the direction he did. He fell backwards- away from the goal- the hit was from the middle of the ice.

The elbow was clearly down at his side when initial contatc was made with Drury. It was slightly elevated when the stick ofdDrury dislodged and swung toward the head of the Sabres player.

The ensuing fight was justified and needed- as was the coaches reactions at the bench.

But the following assualt by Buffalo was classless, as were some of the comments fololwing the game.

If you believe the Sabres- then a 'Star' player can not be hit- or a captain. Opinion here- ANY player can be hit! But a reaction should be expected to be stronger when the hit player is injured- especially if it is a star player.

e

The Sabres fans ned to react to fact- not the emotion......

The hit was late- but not blatantly late- it was cheap- made in poor judgement- and uncalled for. But it was not dirty.

Is this the new math where 1 + 1 + 1 + 1= 5?

Was late + was cheap + made in poor judgment + uncalled for = Not dirty

Next time it would help if you watched the video with your eyes open. Suffice it to say, if you DID watch it with your eyes open, you don't know jack.

I realize it's painful to watch/follow your Blues, but please don't pretend like you're some unbiased observer because that's a joke.

The Sabres fans ned to react to fact- not the emotion......

The fact that Neil was headhunting. Ok.

Every national sports analyst agreed with what the Sabres did, minus Peters fighting Emery.

The Senators showed their true colors on Thursday and I expect to see more cowardly acts tonight. McGratton and Neil will goon it up as some sort of retribution, which will prove nothing. Spezza and Heatley had their chances to stick up for themselves and their goalie and showed the biggest lack of heart I've seen on the ice in years. It's no wonder they fold every year in the playoffs.

Ottawa thought they could exersize their playoff deamons by first getting rid of gutless puss Yashin and then perennial softy Hossa. While the Yashin move can only be viewed as positive, they still have the same problem they have always had. No heart from their leadership. Alfredsson, Spezza and Heatley are gutless p****s that will lead no team anywhere.

Drury should have seen him coming- the actual contact was on the side of the shoulder-

You have justified your retardness with me, other than your spelling. Drury was following the play. He had just shot the puck in behind the Ottawa net. WTF would he all of a sudden turn way to his left to see if anyone was coming from behind, the puck was long gone. Ever heard of dump and chase? I've never heard of dump and hide so I don't get hit late from behind.

WTF would he all of a sudden turn way to his left to see if anyone was coming from behind, the puck was long gone.

This move is also known as the Linda Blair. After releasing the puck said hockey player spins his head in a 360 degree motion to see if anyone is going to hit your melon from behind.

The Senators showed their true colors on Thursday and I expect to see more cowardly acts tonight. McGratton and Neil will goon it up as some sort of retribution, which will prove nothing. Spezza and Heatley had their chances to stick up for themselves and their goalie and showed the biggest lack of heart I've seen on the ice in years. It's no wonder they fold every year in the playoffs.

Ottawa thought they could exersize their playoff deamons by first getting rid of gutless puss Yashin and then perennial softy Hossa. While the Yashin move can only be viewed as positive, they still have the same problem they have always had. No heart from their leadership. Alfredsson, Spezza and Heatley are gutless p****s that will lead no team anywhere.

I have heard this time and time again from you sabres fans. Im curious, If Mcgrattan grabbed briere, would briere dance with him? Only guy Briere has faught is Comrie - and he is hardly comparable to Grats, Neil, Fisher, Mair, or Peters. Spezza has fought twice, Heatley once, and Alfie once - briere must be lacking heart as well.

I have heard this time and time again from you sabres fans. Im curious, If Mcgrattan grabbed briere, would briere dance with him? Only guy Briere has faught is Comrie - and he is hardly comparable to Grats, Neil, Fisher, Mair, or Peters. Spezza has fought twice, Heatley once, and Alfie once - briere must be lacking heart as well.

I would hope Danny would be bright enough not to let Mcgrattan catch him. And if he did, he should be smart enough to get away. I don't blame Heatley, Spezza, Comrie and anyone else from moving away. I think they should have come to Emery's defense. If nothing else, they should have wrapped in up so he couldn't fight anymore.

hypothetical question deserves a hypothetical answer: YES, briere would have dropped the gloves for mcgratton. He may have pulled a biron and turtled, but he'd have dropped the gloves.

Briere stands up for his teamates and that's alot more than any Ottawa puss can say. Standing far away watching your goalie take shots to the head is cowardly, just like Melrose said.

That's exactly what they are saying Marty. Briere is a beast and will surely stand toe to toe with Gratts because he's no wimp. Same with everyone else on that roster that doesn't have the name Peters and Mair. But Spezza, Heatley and Alfie are wimps. :rolleyes:

NHL on the Fly Take on the entire event http://www.sendspace.com/file/ec0jln

Warning: May offend some viewers

Briere stands up for his teamates and that's alot more than any Ottawa puss can say. Standing far away watching your goalie take shots to the head is cowardly, just like Melrose said.

The fight between Emery and Peters is a futile grasp at straws...since all other arguments have been proven to be false. Although Peters has been exposed for being the useless POS that he is.

The fight between Emery and Peters is a futile grasp at straws...since all other arguments have been proven to be false. Although Peters has been exposed for being the useless POS that he is.

I like your avatar. It looks just as tough as your players, although he may be tougher as he dropped his gloves. :lol:

Peters should have not fought Emery. That was stupid.

One month ago, most posters on this board wanted him off the team.

Mr Neil showed us that we need to bring an enforcer with us when we play the Sens.

Last year the Sens took out Tim Connoly our leading scorer in the playoffs. This year they took out Drury our leading scorer and team Captain.

How are the Sabres supposed to view these things? As coincidence?

Peters should have not fought Emery. That was stupid.

One month ago, most posters on this board wanted him off the team.

Mr Neil showed us that we need to bring an enforcer with us when we play the Sens.

Last year the Sens took out Tim Connoly our leading scorer in the playoffs. This year they took out Drury our leading scorer and team Captain.

How are the Sabres supposed to view these things? As coincidence?

Good point!

Speeza and Heatley are almost a foot taller than Danny.(exaggeration) I have my personal feelings about Briere but since he's on my team I'll refrain from unveiling them.

That's exactly what they are saying Marty. Briere is a beast and will surely stand toe to toe with Gratts because he's no wimp. Same with everyone else on that roster that doesn't have the name Peters and Mair. But Spezza, Heatley and Alfie are wimps. :rolleyes:

Their are players on Buffalo's roster that don't endear themselves to me and I'll be man enough to admit it. Which says what about you? :rolleyes:

Archived