Anyone with WGR...

Corp000085

Ruff just said in the postgame presser that Paille broke his finger, taking a slash and will be "a while". "Doctor said a couple of weeks."

No comments on who could be recalled from Rochester.

"We could use a center, or go with a winger".

Ruff did said that he laughed tonight upon learning about Paille.

Damn it Monkeygirl! You beat me to it by a minute! haha

At least I wasn't the only one listening to WGR tonight while posting.

Yes well it's very convenient to have a radio and a computer in your room....and I wanted to be the first to disperse the good news.

This is ridiculous... Who is the iron-man with the Avs that broke Tim Horton's record... He skated with a cast and broken arm for a period and didn't miss any games!

I know it is tough... And some of these injuries are tough... But, jeeze! A broken finger... Wow...

Are the Sabres "milking" it to the playoffs and possibly "extending" some of these injuries...

I guess as long as they are winning... But, that may come crashing down! The toughness really has me acting like "Chicken Little" the way they are being extended...

What is going on?????

The team's doing fine. Stand pat, Darcy.

if the sabres come out and play with the brass balls that we know they have and win against ottawa, nobody's going anywhere! We can all complain about injuries and voodoo hexes, but if the team continues to win, nothing will happen. I can sleep easy knowing that paille broke his friggin finger and not his shoulder... and we PWNED the flyers. life can get better, but not by much!

Are the Sabres "milking" it to the playoffs and possibly "extending" some of these injuries...

What is going on?????

as i said before, as long as they're winning, they'll do whatever it takes. Remember, when all is said and done, afinogenov will get a pass from spacek and connolly to set up a 2 on 1 with kotalik... And that scenario will be in the playoffs. It's all good till game 1 of the eastern conference quarterfinals... Now, on to the presidents trophy

Damn it Monkeygirl! You beat me to it by a minute! haha

At least I wasn't the only one listening to WGR tonight while posting

But exactly the OPPOSITE thing seems logical... Stay the course, which team will take what? Broken goods??... Maybe the Biron bait though (which I think is wrong)...???

Most players will be back before the end of the season...

The real test in what this "patchwork" can do will come with the next two games... That will be the watermark... IMO

Ruff just said in the postgame presser that Paille broke his finger, taking a slash and will be "a while". "Doctor said a couple of weeks."

No comments on who could be recalled from Rochester.

"We could use a center, or go with a winger".

Ruff did said that he laughed tonight upon learning about Paille.

That's about all you can do right now.

Who else is LEFT in Rochester? Zagrapan?

I would say it will be Zagrapan, who is no where near ready at all at this point. Mancari might be the better choice but with the farm team being so thinned out, they have been using him on Defense and might not be able to afford to lose him.

By contract the Sabres can't go more than 2 games with less than 8 or so players in Rochester (I think it's 8), so things are getting dicey and super thin. And unlike the Panthers, the Sabres do not have an ECHL team to draw talent from to help the Amerks in the meantime.

GARTH thinks Zagrapan. Why not give him a shot?

He is very green and really can't play well in his own zone yet. He has amazing potenial and I am kind of curious to see how he'd do, but if he does come up, I would expect to see him get Mike Card like ice time since he is so inexperienced.

or maybe a D man (Card, Funk, or Sekera) and move Paetsch back to wing and PP D? Might be good to get one of them a handful of games in.

That might be a good idea, just not sure about just how thin the Defense in Rochester is at the moment, it's been thin enough that they've had to use Mancari on D lately rather than forward. As it has been, I'm sure that Ruff will leave it up to Cunneyworth, which is probably the best way to go about it.

I think it's time pull that Kevin Adams trade right about now. He isn't a powerhouse but he would at the very least add some veteran stability & grit to the fourth line while we fight through these injuries.

Archived