The Official Thread of Eklund Rumors

shrader

Enough is enough already. Start posting all this crap in one place if you need to post it. Hey, if we're lucky, it might even get pinned to the top.

:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Perfect post, you're just missing about 9 more of these: :wallbash:

I'll believe the rumors when I see it. From what I read, it's alot of talk at the GM meetings that's like a flea market or something. To me, and just my personal opinion, would be that Fedotenko or Adams is more likely than two really really old, used up retread rentals. I don't think anything will really happen until it comes down to the wire.

Enough is enough already. Start posting all this crap in one place if you need to post it. Hey, if we're lucky, it might even get pinned to the top.

:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Hahaha THANK YOU! Better yet, let's all be Eklunds. Here's how:

1) Claim to be an NHL "insider"

2) Look at the standings and make two lists: One list of buyers, one list of sellers

3) Fill the hat of your choice (cowboy hat, baseball cap, construction hat, etc...) with little pieces of paper containing the names of this offseason's UFAs.

4) Pick out names and claim your "sources" told you which teams are interested in the names.

5) Smash a bottle over your head because you are a moron.

6) Repeat until dead or at least unable to post "rumors" online anymore. The end.

I'll believe the rumors when I see it. From what I read, it's alot of talk at the GM meetings that's like a flea market or something. To me, and just my personal opinion, would be that Fedotenko or Adams is more likely than two really really old, used up retread rentals. I don't think anything will really happen until it comes down to the wire.

Thats what alot of the GM's are saying at these meetings becasue they say the prices are way too high for them. The Sellers seem to think most rentals are worth a top prospect or a 1st rounder and the GMs are balking at the deals

Muckler is supposed to be interested in Roberts (as are the leafs), but he said they may not make a deal because teams are asking too much (this is why I take the Biron for Belfour/Roberts deal with a grain of salt, from what it sounds like, Buffalo will need to send alot more for them) Anaheims GM said he is really interested in bringing in a couple players but says he will barely listen to the Seller GM's because their asking prices are some of their top young players. He also said something about there being alot of profanity in the trade talks (just found that part pretty funny)

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=196847&hubname=

A brief summary:

In literally less than 12 hours, Eklund says the Sabres are close to acquiring Fedotenko, then he says they'll be getting Roberts and Belfour, then he says they'll bring in Kevyn Adams.

Boy, Darcy is uncharacteristically active this year!

Now, as of 4:43pm, he has gone back to the Tampa deal:

Another rumor that a Sabres deal is imminent....no details yet, but I do believe it involves Marty Biron and possibly to Tampa for Fedotenko.

Archived