Does Kotalik still have trade value??

LabattBlue

Let's assume he is only out a couple of weeks. Does he still have considerable trade value knowing that he is under contract for 2 more years? I'd still consider trading Kotalik and Biron in separate deals bringing back a cheaper goalie, a #6/#7 dman and a gritty two way forward. I know Kotalik can be physical when he wants, but he can also disappear just as easily.

In todays Buff News Darcy is quoted...

"Based on all the medical [reports] we have, all the other players will return by the end of the season," Regier said. "If you went and bought different players, even though you could fill with their money, the [injured] players would be ineligible to come back.

"You have to go by the medicals. If you say [Max will be out for the remainder of the regular season] based on the medicals right now, you'd be lying."

My question is...what would be wrong with the above scenario? Let's just say Max & TC are back for the last week or two of the regular season. This is better than using their salaries to fortify the team and then having the two of them not available until the playoffs?

My question is...what would be wrong with the above scenario? Let's just say Max & TC are back for the last week or two of the regular season. This is better than using their salaries to fortify the team and then having the two of them not available until the playoffs?

I think if its discovered that you lied, or that the players could have been back before the playoffs, the player in question becomes ineligible for the playoffs. If thats what you were asking. So if Max could be back with 1 game left, and it is provable (somehow) and they choose to sit him because of cap reasons and a trade that happend 6 weeks earlier, we lose max for the playoffs.

Kotalik has apparently told the Buffalo News this is the second injury to the same knee in the last couple of years. You would think that's going to give any potential suitor pause. We tend to overrate our Sabres. Kotalik has a nice one-timer, is good on shootouts... what else does he bring? He CAN be physical but he rarely is, and he seems to be a bit of a head case. What is he really worth to someone?

Why is in the world would you even consider moving Kotalik? He is one of the few forwards left with good size and likes to hit.

If you think the Sabres aren't big enough or tough enough moving Kotalik would be the dumbest thing you could do. It's like saying that the Sabres don't have enough scoring so they should trade Vanek.

You guys should wait until the Jack Daniels shots wear off before you post.

Why is in the world would you even consider moving Kotalik? He is one of the few forwards left with good size and likes to hit.

If you think the Sabres aren't big enough or tough enough moving Kotalik would be the dumbest thing you could do. It's like saying that the Sabres don't have enough scoring so they should trade Vanek.

You guys should wait until the Jack Daniels shots wear off before you post.

The problem is that Kotalik hits when he wants to. It is a 50/50 proposition as to which Kotalik you are going to see. I would much rather have a gritty two way forward(who is less of a scorer than Kotalik) who I know will bring it every night come playoff time.

What's wrong with it is that Darcy isn't going to do it. I can't wait until the deadline has passed. All the conjecture about this stuff is giving me a headache.

Actually it will get much worse after the deadline if Darcy does nothing and the injuries continue to pile up or guys who we have been told will be back(Connolly & Max), do not make it back before the playoffs(in Max's case) or not at all(in Connolly's case).

The problem is that Kotalik hits when he wants to. It is a 50/50 proposition as to which Kotalik you are going to see. I would much rather have a gritty two way forward(who is less of a scorer than Kotalik) who I know will bring it every night come playoff time.

He's third on the team with 91 hits. That's only 14 less than Gaustad. That's a lot more than "when he wants to".

He's third on the team with 91 hits. That's only 14 less than Gaustad. That's a lot more than "when he wants to".

"Hits" is an unofficial stat that is kept by somebody in the press box in between bites of a hot dog. Watch the games and stop looking at stats in order to have an opinion on how someone is playing.

Ales Kotalik seems to me like a player who is trying to find out what way he plays best. Great shot, plays hard but he wants to do more. He is starting to carry the puck more, even when he has people on him and is looking to make more plays. Him and Drury forecheck great. They get the puck deep and no matter w3ho else is on the line they give the defense fits. It has not traslated into many goals yet, but maybe they need someone else on that line for longer than a few games.

I'm not against trading anyone, as long as it helps the team, but I think Ales can help the team staying on it.

Don't you have somebody to annoy over at the football board? <_<

I think I tortured them enough for one day. :D

I guess my point is that these stats fluctuate greatly depending on who is keeping the stats. Same goes for stats like scoring chances.

Just like shots on goal? Not to rehash that whole discussion.

Archived