Has Paetsch Become So Important to PP He Is Unsittable?

matter2003

IMHO, Paestch is the biggest reason this PP has suddenly become pretty potent. Since the All-Star break, Buffalo has gone 10-34 on the Powerplay(29.4%), after going at a 16% pace before he was put on the unit. In case anyone thinks this is just coincidence, I believe the fact that Paetsch has an assist on of the 10 goals shows it isn't...

He makes the simple plays and takes the simple shots---sometimes just little wristers that players are able to tip in front of the net. He has an uncanny knack for getting his shot thru traffic and forcing the goalie to make a tough save or kick a rebound out to one of the other Sabres in front of the net...

Buffalo's puck movement has been really good with him back there, not forcing things and just taking whats available---in short it went from embarrassingly bad, where you almost wanted to ask the ref if you could decline the penalty, to very good....

I think this makes Paetsch virtually unsittable, and once everyone is back healthy, we probably won't see Peters again for a LOOOOOOOONG time....Paetsch will most likely play on the fourth line as a winger, which he did in a game last week before others started getting hurt....

Paetsch may be the unsung hero on this team this year....

Another Saskatchewan guy added to the mix.

yer welcome

ahh, we'll be sure to get a little more more love from hockey night (specifically cherry) come playoff time.

besides which, i feel safer somehow having at least 2 gritty canadian boys back there, rather than just a collection of scandinavians/eastern euros.

Archived