28 games left

Sabretooth73

Currently we are at 74 points, anyone know where they were at this exact point last season???

We would need 110 pts, right? that woudl tie last year. thats 18 wins in the final 28 games.

Personally, I dont see it. Does that mean last years club was better than this one?

Looking back, last years squad was truly something special IMHO.... and the injuries oiverwhelmed them in the ECF's against them southern hicks.

This years team doesnt seem to have "it" yet.... I keep telling myself they will "turn it on" when they need to.... but in most sports teams that think that way usually dont and cant, and wind up falling short of their ultimate goal.

I, for one, will be greatly disappointed in anything less than a Stanley Cup this season.

Go ahead, criticize me for that, but its the truth, and im sure a lot more fans feel the same way.

I don't really see them getting to 110 pts this season. Taking a look at the schedule, they still have 3 games against Ottawa, 4 against Toronto, 2 against Montreal, the Devils twice, and games against Calgary, Edmonton, Minnesota and Atlanta (2). I don't think I'm going out on a limb to say the Sabres are making the playoffs, but some of these teams will be fighting for spots. I know they're getting everyone's top effort now, but when it comes down to the last few weeks of the season, teams are really going to step it up. I'm just hoping the Sabres stay healthy, and we see something good from Connolly.

I don't really see them getting to 110 pts this season. Taking a look at the schedule, they still have 3 games against Ottawa, 4 against Toronto, 2 against Montreal, the Devils twice, and games against Calgary, Edmonton, Minnesota and Atlanta (2). I don't think I'm going out on a limb to say the Sabres are making the playoffs, but some of these teams will be fighting for spots. I know they're getting everyone's top effort now, but when it comes down to the last few weeks of the season, teams are really going to step it up. I'm just hoping the Sabres stay healthy, and we see something good from Connolly.

Has Connolly returned yet, or is he still on IR?

He's still on IR, but they're "cautiously optimistic". He's skating at his max heart rate from what I've heard on the radio, and he just recently traveled with the team for the first time. I'd love to see him back, but he won't be the same player he was last year. Bottom line, I'll believe it when I see it.

He's still on IR, but they're "cautiously optimistic". He's skating at his max heart rate from what I've heard on the radio, and he just recently traveled with the team for the first time. I'd love to see him back, but he won't be the same player he was last year. Bottom line, I'll believe it when I see it.

From what I read, he didn't suffer any flight-related problems with his noggin, which is also a good sign. I'll believe it when I see it, too. Even if he just played on the power play, he could make a huge difference.

From what I read, he didn't suffer any flight-related problems with his noggin, which is also a good sign. I'll believe it when I see it, too. Even if he just played on the power play, he could make a huge difference.

Ruff sounded optimistic (IMHO) about where Timmy is currently when they interviewed him on GR this morning. But he wouldn't give a timetable for his return (other than the standard 6-8 weeks).

On February 7 last year we had 73 points, having just come off a 3-2 win over the Habs - here's the game recap:

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?service=page&pa...0052006&gtype=2

I think with the way the PP is coming on, everything else will begin to fall into place and we'll match or exceed last year's point total.

On February 7 last year we had 73 points, having just come off a 4-3 win over the Habs - here's the game recap:

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?service=page&pa...052006>ype=2

I think with the way the PP is coming on, everything else will begin to fall into place and we'll match or exceed last year's point total.

Wait a minute, the Sabres gave up a 3rd period lead in that game, and were out hit, even though both McKee and Grier were in the lineup. What gives? :o

Wait a minute, the Sabres gave up a 3rd period lead in that game, and were out hit, even though both McKee and Grier were in the lineup. What gives? :o

I think there's a lot of idealizing of the team last year - and with good reason - but let's remember they had their share of losing streaks/struggles last year too - including a late season dismantling at Toronto.

I'll still take this team in a 7-game series against any team in the league.

Archived