Sabres believing their press clippings?

PASabreFan

Thanks to the Internet (and GoBillsinDallas) we know about practically every single snippet of Sabres news published anywhere -- including the Sioux Falls Argus Leader, which reports today that Thomas Vanek "has quietly evolved into one of the league's elite players." I like Thomas, but that's a bit of overkill at this point. Similar hyperbole has been written about Ryan Miller ("the next Grant Fuhr"), Brian Campbell ("the next Brian Leetch"), Lindy Ruff ("future Hall of Famer") and the team ("favorites to win the Cup". Ownership and management, not to mention Rick Jeanneret, SabreTooth and Rip Simonick, have also been bathed in praise and positive press. I am starting to wonder if the Sabres also have been burning up their high speed connections reading all this stuff. At least RJ has maintained his game. He might be the only real pro in the bunch. :)

I am starting to wonder if the Sabres also have been burning up their high speed connections reading all this stuff.

I don't know if most of the players are actively searching out articles about themselves but the increased attention they are recieving could really affect the teams mentality.

Thanks to the Internet (and GoBillsinDallas) we know about practically every single snippet of Sabres news published anywhere -- including the Sioux Falls Argus Leader, which reports today that Thomas Vanek "has quietly evolved into one of the league's elite players." I like Thomas, but that's a bit of overkill at this point. Similar hyperbole has been written about Ryan Miller ("the next Grant Fuhr"), Brian Campbell ("the next Brian Leetch"), Lindy Ruff ("future Hall of Famer") and the team ("favorites to win the Cup". Ownership and management, not to mention Rick Jeanneret, SabreTooth and Rip Simonick, have also been bathed in praise and positive press. I am starting to wonder if the Sabres also have been burning up their high speed connections reading all this stuff. At least RJ has maintained his game. He might be the only real pro in the bunch. :)

Sabretooth is lame. The pregame introduction has become all about HIM. Stop with the rope drop before the game and the neverending banging on the glass. Instead, go in your house in the concourse and stop distracting the people who want to watch the game. :) :)

PS This team definetely does not deserve the "hardest working team in hockey" label any longer. While they may be skilled, there is something wrong and Lindy needs to nip it in the bud. Hard work and attitude is something that Lindy can correct. If there are players who are tuning him out, Lindy needs to convey this to Darcy and these players need to be sent packing in the off-season.

Sabretooth is lame. The pregame introduction has become all about HIM. Stop with the rope drop before the game and the neverending banging on the glass. Instead, go in your house in the concourse and stop distracting the people who want to watch the game. :) :)

Haha. I pray that he doesn't "spawn" like Buster Bison did.

Archived