The perfect trade...ya never know!!!!

mis3384

Sabres need Depth at D and maybe another F, what about PHX?

Buffalo GETS:

- LW Ladislav Nagy

- G Mikael Tellqvist

- D Keith Yandle (Minor) - Good Offensive DMan Prospect...Great for Depth...better than Paetsch

Phoenix GETS:

- LW Ales Kotalik

- G Martin Biron

- LW Andrew Peters

- RW Adam Mair

- D Mike Card (Minor)

PHX will dump NAGY and prob DOAN...they need a goalie that will be their #1 guy

We dump a little salary while picking up depth and a scorer to win the cup

Plus, This opens up some spots for the young prospects (Stafford, Paille, MacArthur).....WHY NOT?

i do like the tellqvist idea... seems like a reasonable trade... but i think you have to be careful with nagy... im not on the up and up with the phx players but would he fit in here... id take doan maybe over nagy... doan is another one of those paul gaustad players... grinds it out and scores a few goals once in a while...

I agree, I don't think anyone would want to pick up Peters, but if we can some how get rid of him...why not...hes a waste of money and a roster spot.

I think we could even add Mark Mancari to that deal...dump a little more salary

PHX is looking to build up and add players....

PLEASE PULL THE TRIGGER...I CAN HOPE!!!!!

shrader, you just have to go back a little and remember the Kotalik & Kalinin debate - in essence, they can't be traded. Either they suck as bad as we all think, so we won't get anything good for them, or they are better than we think, so there's no way we'll get fair value for them.

I agree with ink, this team has not shown any indication that they can or will step up and be tougher. They need someone from outside the current dressing room to step in and show them how to play tough, protect the speed guys somewhat, and still be able to play the up-tempo attacking game we play.

That's a lot to give up for Doan, a backup goaltender, a prospect and cap space (which might be negligible once you add up all the salaries.)

I really don't see the Sabres making a big splash trade like this - I think you'll see one or two smaller (read: fewer player) trades - like one of our soft, puck-moving defensemen for someone grittier; and maybe a Kotalik-type forward for someone like a Gary Roberts type.

That's a lot to give up for Doan, a backup goaltender, a prospect and cap space (which might be negligible once you add up all the salaries.)

I think that is the key to the deal right there, its something they desperately need. Right now they can only trade player for player to to cap restrictions, and at the deadline most teams are Buyers or sellers. Sabres being Buyers want players, while Sellers usually want prospects instead of players. Its not bad for a start, but more will still have to be done.

But I guess its all a pipe dream since we all know Darcy doesn't make big splash type deals like this, and will probably keep dreaming Timmy will return and they will start playing like last year so they don't have to move anyone

Archived