Sabres ticket prices going up and a couple of other interesting notes

LabattBlue

I found these to be interesting...

-They don't expect individual playoff tickets to be available to the general public.

-The team likely will come close to breaking even for the regular season. An extended playoff run could lead to a decent operating profit.

-Quinn emphasized that the season-ticket hike for next season will have no effect on next year's payroll and roster. "The payroll will go up next year," he said. "We think we can keep the core of the team intact. Nothing we're doing about pricing should determine the makeup of the team next year. They are not related."

The Sabres' payroll jumped from about $29 million to $41 million this season, leading many observers to question whether the team can afford co-captains Chris Drury and Daniel Briere next season.

"Our intent is to keep both," Quinn said. "Obviously, the players have a lot to say about that, but we're not approaching it that we're going to throw one of them to the curb . . . I think they want to remain a part of this, and we want to keep them."

http://buffalonews.com/editorial/20070121/1065835.asp

PS The ticket increase is very modest and is appreciated by me. Now if a way can be found to keep Toronto fans from buying up huge blocks of tickets in the lower bowl! :thumbdown:

PS The ticket increase is very modest and is appreciated by me. Now if a way can be found to keep Toronto fans from buying up huge blocks of tickets in the lower bowl! :thumbdown:

Thats easy, get buffalo fans to buy them and keep them, not sell them to the first Leafs fan they see so they can make their season ticket money back

Thats easy, get buffalo fans to buy them and keep them, not sell them to the first Leafs fan they see so they can make their season ticket money back

I still believe that the majority of Leaf fans(especially the large groups sitting near the glass) are getting their tickets via public sale of tickets that do not belong to season ticket holders.

I still believe that the majority of Leaf fans(especially the large groups sitting near the glass) are getting their tickets via public sale of tickets that do not belong to season ticket holders.

Either that way, directly from the visiting squad, or through tour package deals. The 6 or so rows of seats inside the blueline on the visitor's side have a large concentration of opposing fans regardless of the opponent. Those relatively same seats on the penalty box side have a large # of opposing fans for the Canadian teams and a handful of others.

I find it hard to believe that 60 STH's that all happen to sit in the same block of seats ALL decided to sell their tix to the shirtless Canuck fans.

The size of the groups of Leafs fans makes me wonder if they aren't actually buying them as a group - some sort of travel company or school group or something - and in the process, getting a nice discount on the seats for buying so many. I can't imagine that many tix so close to the ice being bought through the general public sales.

Quick edit: Dave beat me to it...:thumbsup:

$10 tickets to every game down here in Atlanta!!

cant wait to watch some cheap playoff games. im praying that the sabres end up playing the thrashers in the playoffs!!

I heard about that. It's the top 5 rows or so on the non-suite side??? Hell, during the week, you could easily move down once the 1st period gets rolling.

$10 tickets to every game down here in Atlanta!!

cant wait to watch some cheap playoff games. im praying that the sabres end up playing the thrashers in the playoffs!!

For $20 they let you play the wing.

Why is that a bad thing? If you can sell your four Leaf tickets and it covers most of the cost of the other 37 home games? Do it.

Sellouts make it possible for Drury and Briere to be resigned.

For $20 they let you play the wing.

Why is that a bad thing? If you can sell your four Leaf tickets and it covers most of the cost of the other 37 home games? Do it.

Sellouts make it possible for Drury and Briere to be resigned.

Its in response to the people complaining about the amount of Leafs fans attending games.

If you don't want the HSBC arena to turn into ACC North, don't sell your extra tickets to Leafs fans

Its in response to the people complaining about the amount of Leafs fans attending games.

If you don't want the HSBC arena to turn into ACC North, don't sell your extra tickets to Leafs fans

Just a guess, but I don't think the ones selling their tix are the ones complaining about the number of Leafs fans at the arena...

And wouldn't it be the ACC South? :nana:

Archived