Rochester Americans

diver

Going to Rochester game in Omaha tonight. I see that the Americans share the team with the Panthers. What players should I watch? What players have been called up to Sabres? Any other inside info to make my game more enjoyable will be helpful.

Going to Rochester game in Omaha tonight. I see that the Americans share the team with the Panthers. What players should I watch? What players have been called up to Sabres? Any other inside info to make my game more enjoyable will be helpful.

This is a good site to get familiar with a lot of the Sabres prospects.

Profiles on the ones listed above (though dated). Be sure to report back, I love hearing about the Amerks.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/teams/buffalo_sabres

Mike Card

Mike Funk

Andrej Sekera

Clarke MacArthur

Patrick Kaleta

Mark Mancari

Marek Zagrapan

Dylan Hunter

Michael Ryan

I think that's it. Are there any more future Sabres down there anyone?

Adam Dennis. :oops:

When you say called up, I don't know if you mean players that have been previously called up? If that is the case...MacArthur, Fund, Card, Sekera and Ryan have all been called up for a game or two this year. Players with the most upside...Zagrapan, MacArthur & Sekera. Two of the best Amerks are currently up with the Sabres...Paille & Stafford.

Curtis McElhinney made 30 saves to lead the Omaha Ak-Sar-Ben Knights to a 2-1 victory over the Rochester Americans Saturday night at the Civic Auditorium. After two hard fought periods, the Knights scored a pair of third period goals and held on for the win, their sixth in a row.

The first two periods were a goaltender?s duel as neither McElhinney nor Americans? starting goaltender Adam Dennis would allow a goal. McElhinney was particularly brilliant, flashing his glove to pick off a Dylan Hunter attempt during a second period powerplay.

Kris Chucko broke the deadlock 8:36 into the third period while his team was on the powerplay. With the Knights whirling in the Rochester zone, Chucko collected the puck, spun around and rifled a shot to the stick side of Dennis.

The Knights would double their lead as Andrei Taratukhin found Carsen Germyn alone in slot. Germyn wasted little time burying the puck with a quick wrist shot past a helpless Dennis.

The Americans would reply just over a minute later. Greg Jacina stormed down the left wing and dropped a pass to Brandon Smith. Smith blasted a shot past Curtis McElhinney with 9:28 remaining in the game.

With an assist on Germyn?s goal, Taratukhin has now scored a point in eight straight games, a new franchise record. McElhinney also entered the Knights? record book winning his sixth consecutive win.

The Knights are now 27-13-3-0, a season high 14 games over the .500 mark. They have also won a team record five straight home games.

Three Stars: 1. Curtis McElhinney (OMA) ? 30 saves; 2. Carsen Germyn (OMA) ? Game-winning goal; 3. Kris Chucko (OMA) ? 1 goal.

Nebraska backwards. :thumbsup:

Okay next question...Why are they using the backwards spelling of their state as part of the team name? :blink: :blink:

Okay next question...Why are they using the backwards spelling of their state as part of the team name? :blink: :blink:

wikipedia is GREAT.... :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knights_of_Ak-Sar-Ben

Archived