Novotny

BuffalOhio

He twisted it just like Hank did when he went down. That was a dirty play, and I was glad to see Stafford step in and give that guy the business. When it first happened, I thought it was Gaustad, then I noticed it was Stafford. I like it!

And while we're at it, who here thinks a lot of the way Paille plays?

We've got some great young talent just chomping at the bit. That ought to keep the vets hungry!

At the Blackhawks v. Sabres game they had (I think) the Blackhawks othro doctor doing a segment on the scoreboard during one of the intermissions... He talked about "high ankle sprains"... An how nasty they can be... Decieving too... I thought about Henrik and how they said it would be about two weeks and how that is dragging on... Now Jiri...

Well, at least there is the All-Star break...

:(

Looks like I was right...

Sabres C Jiri Novotny is out indefinitely after sustaining a high ankle sprain. Novotny was hurt when he fell awkwardly after being tripped by Josh Green late in the first period.

Link

I thought he was done for the year when I first saw it. It looked like an ACL to me. :sick: Glad I was wrong about that at least.

What's weird is that he WAS on the ice at least once the following period. So maybe it's not quite as serious as Hank's? :unsure:

Also, I'm VERY relieved that Kotalik is OK after that knee-on-knee hit he took, that looked pretty bad at the time.

At the Blackhawks v. Sabres game they had (I think) the Blackhawks othro doctor doing a segment on the scoreboard during one of the intermissions... He talked about "high ankle sprains"... An how nasty they can be... Decieving too... I thought about Henrik and how they said it would be about two weeks and how that is dragging on... Now Jiri...

Well, at least there is the All-Star break...

:(

EiI...I don't think it was ever said that Tallinder would be out two weeks. They said "week to week", but high ankle sprains can be really nasty. I still would be surprised if Tallinder is back before mid to late February. The worst think that can happen is that he comes back to early, re-aggravates it and it ends up bothering him the rest of the season and playoffs.

EiI...I don't think it was ever said that Tallinder would be out two weeks. They said "week to week", but high ankle sprains can be really nasty. I still would be surprised if Tallinder is back before mid to late February. The worst think that can happen is that he comes back to early, re-aggravates it and it ends up bothering him the rest of the season and playoffs.

I think tallinder is close to returning. For him to be out this long, especially after reports that he's been skating, tell to me that the team is being cautious about it.

and maybe the sabres can recall another center from rochester for novotny after the all star break: Tim Connolly, from his rehab assignment!!

I can dream, can't i?

I think tallinder is close to returning. For him to be out this long, especially after reports that he's been skating, tell to me that the team is being cautious about it.

Yeah they showed him skating yesterday morning before th game and he looked pretty good :thumbsup:

and maybe the sabres can recall another center from rochester for novotny after the all star break: Tim Connolly, from his rehab assignment!!

:beer:

Not for nothing, but the loss of Novotny is a good thing!! He gets way too much ice time for what he brings!!

Novotny hasn't brought much, agreed. However, it is interesting that it took him awhile to become a contributor at Rochester. If he, by nature, adjusts slowly to things, perhaps there is hope that with additional ice time, he could blossom.

Archived