I Hate Boston

slugspirit

A few things I have to vent about...

Me, my bro, and a buddy drove up from Baltimore for a long weekend in Philly and then the game on Monday in Boston and actually had a great time for the most part. But Boston was by far one of the worst experiences I've had.

I was prepared to sleep the whole way home after the game so I was gonna have a few drinks. But it turns out that the Gah-den doesn't sell to anyone with an out of state ID under the age of 25. :censored: They def lost out on some money with that great idea. <_<

Add in the outcome of the game, the Patriots winning while we were in town, way overpriced parking, Boston apparently unable to label streets, and a #%^$#! load of Bruin fans who only want to rub in our faces that their football team is better than ours and I now hate Bahston more than any other team in the league. I hate everything about that city - except for maybe a few bars. This stretch of games against the Pooh Bears could not come at a better time. Thank god for some of the Sabre fans we ran into along the way.

Some of my family is from NE and Boston area (by far the worse)... What the area has to offer geographically wise... The people sure shoot it to hell by being azzholes... The "Mass Influence" in the rest of the region (NE) is equally annoying...

Now I KNOW I AM GENERALIZING people here and will offend some... But, it is one region of the US that I don't mind to vacation in but would avoid it like the plaque if I had to live there 365... I rather life in the Bronx... Than with the MassHoles and ChowderHeads... Such an "edgy" environment...

Of course IMO... What do I know? Take this with a grain of salt...

:nana: :nana:

Did you tell them to go watch a football game then? 'Cause their hockey team is 20 points behind ours.

Even in Chicago... Outside the 'Hawks game after the Sabres won... There was the "Losman jokes"... I really hope Grossman can do it for the Bears... Ya, right! :death:

Some of my family is from NE and Boston area (by far the worse)... What the area has to offer geographically wise... The people sure shoot it to hell by being azzholes... The "Mass Influence" in the rest of the region (NE) is equally annoying...

Now I KNOW I AM GENERALIZING people here and will offend some... But, it is one region of the US that I don't mind to vacation in but would avoid it like the plaque if I had to live there 365... I rather life in the Bronx... Than with the MassHoles and ChowderHeads... Such an "edgy" environment...

Of course IMO... What do I know? Take this with a grain of salt...

:nana: :nana:

Even in Chicago... Outside the 'Hawks game after the Sabres won... There was the "Losman jokes"... I really hope Grossman can do it for the Bears... Ya, right! :death:

I have had similar experiences in Boston. I also have relatives in the area and all they ever do is talk bad about the Bills and praise the Patriots...and then I tell them I am not a hardcore football fan, hockey is my game and the Sabres own...and they have nothing to say.

Add in the outcome of the game, the Patriots winning while we were in town, way overpriced parking, Boston apparently unable to label streets, and a #%^$#! load of Bruin fans who only want to rub in our faces that their football team is better than ours and I now hate Bahston more than any other team in the league.

Haha I was at the game and I was hearing the same thing too. Some guys were talking about if only we had a football team to go with there hockey team, I said if only they had a hockey team to go with there football team, he had no response and turned around.

as a lifelong bills/sabres fan, living here in boston is a challenge. when i moved here for work 10 years ago, things weren't so bad. the pats had just lost the superbowl to the pack, parcells was on his way out, the sahx were still breakin' heahts every september, and the bruins were still doing just enough to get people to show up. the people were polite and easy to talk to. belichick showed up, turned things around, and now it's all you hear about is how friggin' great the patriots are, how no other team in existence/history measures up to this dynasty, and the people are downright nasty about it. i honestly believe they have nothing good going in their lives, and this is their one ray of hope and happiness. it's sad, really. right on the heels of their adoration of brady's bunch is their declaration of how everyone else sucks...always have, always will, etc. i cannot wait until the day belichick retires and this team returns to their 2-14 roots. unfortunately, there will always be these superbowl wins that they'll continually dredge up and how no other team in the world will ever equall their greatness. what's funny is that i don't even dislike the patriots, it's their fans i cannot stand.

the masshole mentality is stiffling. only in the past five years or so has it really started to get to me...and made me think moving back to northern new york wouldn't be so bad. honestly, one of the only reasons i stick around is the awesome music scene.

I was prepared to sleep the whole way home after the game so I was gonna have a few drinks. But it turns out that the Gah-den doesn't sell to anyone with an out of state ID under the age of 25. :censored: They def lost out on some money with that great idea. <_<

Add in the outcome of the game, the Patriots winning while we were in town, way overpriced parking, Boston apparently unable to label streets, and a #%^$#! load of Bruin fans who only want to rub in our faces that their football team is better than ours and I now hate Bahston more than any other team in the league. I hate everything about that city - except for maybe a few bars. This stretch of games against the Pooh Bears could not come at a better time. Thank god for some of the Sabre fans we ran into along the way.

Actually I am impressed that they don't sell to out of staters, especially since that particular game had many more kids at it. They may have lost money in the short run, but I see it as a long term win to have a family friendly venue.

Boston is a beautiful and a historic city. Their fans however, are slimy hypocrites who basically feel inferior to NYC. Most Patriot fans would give up every SB win for a World Series win, simply because the Yankees and even the Mets have been the reason for so much failure. I'm not a fan of baseball, but if I were I would seriously consider making the Yanks my team for the simple pleasure of tormenting the Boston fans that surround me.

As for living here, I think of it as a great place to retire from. Generally, real estate goes up faster than most places.

As for living here, I think of it as a great place to retire from. Generally, real estate goes up faster than most places.

you ain't kiddin'. as a single guy, i will never be able to afford to buy on my own around here (and still be a happy person). it's friggin' ridiculous.

knightridger, you live in marlborough? i'm in newton, work in natick.

The best part of the Sabres going into a mini slump is that we can shake some of those same type of fans off of our bandwagon. At least to me, it was getting to a critical jagoff level last month. I lived in Miami and had to deal with all the transplant "Yankee fans" and wanted to puke. Even though the city you grew up in can field a dominant team in professional sports, you are still an obnoxious, under educated, ignorant, bandwagoning ahole.

The supposed Red Sox fans came crawling out of the woodwork quicker than the landscaping crew after an INS raid as well. There were people who I had known for years and never even talked sports with who were now wearing Bosox hats and shirts. They were much more polite about their stance however.

you ain't kiddin'. as a single guy, i will never be able to afford to buy on my own around here (and still be a happy person). it's friggin' ridiculous.

Just north of there. Unless they remember the original Spookyworld, they've never heard of Berlin, MA. :ph34r: Work mostly in Sudbury.

About the real estate, I'd highly recommend doing it if you can possibly put the $ together. We put $13k down on a $267k house in late 2001. It just got an offer today for 320k. (Having twins in 3 bed 1 bath house in an area where there is no family can get cramped at times.) That is price still lower than we are looking for, but in 5 yrs, that 13k has become at least 66k (less sales tax and realtor fees.) Remember the tax deduction you will get for the interest will also figure into whether you can afford it.

I hear you man... I moved to Boston in '04 right after I graduated college. It was fun, but g0ddamn was it expensive. I lived in Brookline, paying 3000 a month for rent between 3 of us. I started looking at condo's and a 1 bedroom condo was going for like 300k in that area. Just absolutely ridiculous. My parents built a brand new house in Buffalo two years ago for 125k that probably would have gone for no less than 600k in Boston. It was at that point that I realized it just wasn't worth it. I'm now in grad school in Rochester and will be moving back to Buffalo next year after I graduate.

I hear you man... I moved to Boston in '04 right after I graduated college. It was fun, but g0ddamn was it expensive. I lived in Brookline, paying 3000 a month for rent between 3 of us. I started looking at condo's and a 1 bedroom condo was going for like 300k in that area. Just absolutely ridiculous. My parents built a brand new house in Buffalo two years ago for 125k that probably would have gone for no less than 600k in Boston. It was at that point that I realized it just wasn't worth it. I'm now in grad school in Rochester and will be moving back to Buffalo next year after I graduate.

I checked into moving to Rochester three years ago. What I found was that the monthly payments would be about the same after you figured property taxes in. :thumbdown: Throw in lower salaries and higher sales taxes, and stagnant to declining real estate prices in WNY, and being closer to family didn't seem so affordable. :(

i have an interview down in cranston, ri tomorrow. i can't say as i'm that fed up with boston, but the thought of affordable housing south of the city is a bit more appealing.

and i hear rhode islanders aren't as shut-off as bostonians.

Archived