"The Game 365"

inkman

I was battling a mild case of insomnia last night and stumbled across this show (it said it was a MSG program but I swear I was watching FSNY). It's called "the game 365 - conversations with fran healy". Anyway, it was an in depth view of how Tom took the Sabres from the depths of bankruptcy to where they are now. I found it fascinating. Anyone catch it?

I haven't had an opportunity to watch it...but..puff or no puff...it's nice for the team to get a little added public attention. I know they were the feel good story of last season...I'd say that they are still the best feel good story in the league.

Lord knows the league needs whatever positive attention in can get.

Pure puff and off the mark in several ways. I couldn't get past the host mangling Darcy's last name.

How was it puff? I found it very informative regarding some backdealings with the club at that time. On top of that, i'm currently reading Swados' "Counsel in the Crease" book that details, among other things, the Rigas takeover of the Sabres...so it kind of continued the story I was already reading.

PA, does anything appease you? I swear, if the sabres ever win the cup, youre gonna say "well, thats great, but you know we were only 2 for our last 10 on the power play" I thought it was fantastic that MSG/FSN put that together. Go Sabres

Wow, talk about a sneak attack! I was just talking to this guy on AIM, and he was so nice to me. Called me "buddy" and everything. Then he comes on here and slams me! Needless to say, I am not appeased. What, did you get a thesaurus for Christmas?

Some of the comments were interesting -- Ruff talked about the annoyance of having to pitch tickets and new owners during the season -- but the host (who is this guy anyway?) didn't add much. I guess the part about the love affair between the community and team is where my puff alarm went off. It was almost immediately contradicted by the story of the team begging for support during the rough patch.

Yeah it was a nice story, but I'd say most Sabre fans would want the last 30 minutes of their life back after seeing it.

And I will never say such a thing after we win the Cup. You know why. :chris:

Archived