Bring on the Lame-iacs

BMWR100RT

I still get bummed.....not mad, not jealous, just bummed out that a team like this could win the cup. I'd rather have had Toronto (somebody shoot me) win it than these knuckleheads. toronto fams are myopic, but passionate. Please end this streak they are on and send them back to the crapper. Move them back to hartford, and kill this sad experiment.

I still get bummed.....not mad, not jealous, just bummed out that a team like this could win the cup. I'd rather have had Toronto (somebody shoot me) win it than these knuckleheads. toronto fams are myopic, but passionate. Please end this streak they are on and send them back to the crapper. Move them back to hartford, and kill this sad experiment.

yup plus they are on a 5 game win streak right now and all local news is talking about is this win streak. I would love another Sabres six goal first period and get rid of these false champs quickly

Since the middle of last year I have looked forward to each matchup between these 2 teams. The games are invariably exciting, up-and-down, intense contests. A pretty good rivalry has developed. Carolina's style is a lot like ours -- speed all around, backed up with good goaltending. They have a bit more experience and size; we have more youth and explosiveness. Staal is probably the best skater between the 2 teams, but Miller is the best goalie -- although Ward was a little bit better last spring.

I also don't think they can be dismissed as false champs. They beat everyone they had to beat, fair and square. We got wiped out with injuries last spring, but they were also missing one of their best players in Cole. They are a really good team. Beating them is an accomplishment that is to be savored.

Since the middle of last year I have looked forward to each matchup between these 2 teams. The games are invariably exciting, up-and-down, intense contests. A pretty good rivalry has developed. Carolina's style is a lot like ours -- speed all around, backed up with good goaltending. They have a bit more experience and size; we have more youth and explosiveness. Staal is probably the best skater between the 2 teams, but Miller is the best goalie -- although Ward was a little bit better last spring.

I also don't think they can be dismissed as false champs. They beat everyone they had to beat, fair and square. We got wiped out with injuries last spring, but they were also missing one of their best players in Cole. They are a really good team. Beating them is an accomplishment that is to be savored.

I don't disagree that they won fair & square - they did beat everyone they faced. But facts are facts - they did get some enormous breaks in the form of fortuitous injuries to their opponents. Montreal lost Koivu; we lost an entire defensive regiment; and the Oilers lost their starting goaltender and Conn Smythe candidate. The Canes, on the other hand, lost just one player from their starting lineup, but that happened well before the playoffs started, so they had enough time to replace him with Recchi and Weight. But again, winning the Cup takes equal parts skill, hot goaltending, luck and health, and the Canes got all those plus some.

As for the rivalry - after last season's ECF meeting, I am really looking forward to all the Sabres - Canes games this year. I love the fact that this is a blooming rivalry - it's nice to add a new, intense rivalry to the current list of Sabres rivalries - Leafs, Flyers, Sens, etc.

Archived