All I want for Christmas is Ovechkin's front teeth

inkman

When I read articles about how Danny is still experiencing pain lingering from the hit, I really can't let this go. All I am asking for is him having a rough time of it every shift. It doesn't have to be cross-checks to the face. Just place him tough, taking the body and making sure he knows his presence on the ice has been accounted for.

I think the perfect payback tonight will be to win the game and have Ovechkin go without a point. As much as I would like to see him roughed up, the league would go out of it's way to make an example out of someone who goes after one of it's golden boys. We are a better team than that, and don't need one of our guys suspended (Although.....would Peters being suspended really hurt us?). 3-0 Sabres.....Ryan comes back to life.

I think the perfect payback tonight will be to win the game and have Ovechkin go without a point. As much as I would like to see him roughed up, the league would go out of it's way to make an example out of someone who goes after one of it's golden boys. We are a better team than that, and don't need one of our guys suspended (Although.....would Peters being suspended really hurt us?). 3-0 Sabres.....Ryan comes back to life.

I'd have no problem with Peters serving a 30 game suspension.

Problem is we're not Cryer fans.

We don't call for opposing players to be killed on the ice, we just want to win it all :)

When I read articles about how Danny is still experiencing pain lingering from the hit, I really can't let this go. All I am asking for is him having a rough time of it every shift. It doesn't have to be cross-checks to the face. Just place him tough, taking the body and making sure he knows his presence on the ice has been accounted for.

And how is that different than how they should play him even if he hadn't cheapshotted Briere?

Ovechkin is one of thous players that has a good sense about being lined up for a hit. I doubt we could get a real good "clean" hit on him. I'll be happy if we just refuse to give him and his team the puck all night long. 60 mins of it's mine and you can't have it sounds like good payback to me ;)

It's a shame the old phrase, "The Hardest Working Team in Hockey", no longer applies...

I say old as if 1999 was that long ago... Eh, old in hockey years.

Very true, however working hard was that teams sole justification for existing.

That, and having the best netminder in the game.

I truly believe that you would have something as close to perfect as you could possibly come if this team could adapt just 90% of the work ethic of the 1999 team.

I count two 60 minute efforts this year, and unless they find a way to SOMEHOW play 60 minutes before April, I think we'll be lucky to make it to the second round. The Cryers won't be there for us to thump this year, and The Senators won't be under the dillusion that they're gonna beat us 10-4 either.

Archived