This Day in Sabres History: December 21st

PASabreFan

December 21, 1975

Rick Martin scores four goals, Fred Stanfield has the hat trick and Danny Gare piles up five points as the Sabres destroy the Washington Capitals 14-2 at the Aud. Buffalo abuses goalies Ron Low and Bernie Wolfe for eight goals in the third period, an NHL record at the time. The rout still stands as the greatest margin of victory in Sabres' history.

December 21, 1991

It takes Alexander Mogilny only five seconds into a game at Maple Leaf Gardens to get the Sabres on the board. Mogilny's goal is the fastest from an opening faceoff (and from the start of a period) in team history. The Sabres beat the Leafs, 4-1.

December 21, 1997

Dominik Hasek makes 33 saves to record his second shutout in a row and fourth of December. The Rangers are the victims this time as the Sabres win 2-0 at Madison Square Garden.

Didn't we score 15 goals in a game against the Cleveland Barons? If so did we simply win by less than 12? I seem to recall beating the Barons 15-3.

Damn...my memory sucks! :angry: I don't even remember Cleveland ever having an NHL franchise(even if it was just for a couple of years)

Archived