Comeback wins

ajflutie

there are only three teams in the whole NHL who have a positive win/loss ratio when the other team scores first......Buffalo (77%), Anaheim (67%) and San Jose (54%). I find that statistic incredible and quite a statement on both the Sabres and the Ducks and their will to win. Even more incredible is that the Sabres actually have a higher percentage of wins when the other team scores first as compared to when they score first, not much but .769 to .765. No other team has this, Anaheim is closest with .667 (scored on first) and .75 (score first). Amazing to me.

How many years have we heard the first goal is sooooo important. I guess these guys were not listening. I'll drink to that......... :beer:

there are only three teams in the whole NHL who have a positive win/loss ratio when the other team scores first......Buffalo (77%), Anaheim (67%) and San Jose (54%). I find that statistic incredible and quite a statement on both the Sabres and the Ducks and their will to win. Even more incredible is that the Sabres actually have a higher percentage of wins when the other team scores first as compared to when they score first, not much but .769 to .765. No other team has this, Anaheim is closest with .667 (scored on first) and .75 (score first). Amazing to me.

How many years have we heard the first goal is sooooo important. I guess these guys were not listening. I'll drink to that......... :beer:

It also seems that at times the Sabres wait for the other team to score until they start to play some hockey. I noticed that they did play that way against the Devils for a while with the Devils dominating play most of the 1st. However, Ryan did not let in that first goal with some superb goaltending. Even though that stat is amazing, I hope we kind of break it at least for when we score first we win more.

Reality check. The Sabres were 1-4 in the playoffs when they gave up the first goal. Only one team had a winning record. Guess who.

I thought the Guess Who was a rock band. :)

Speaking of goal scoring, my research concludes that when a team scores its 10th goal in a game, they win 100% of the time. :) :)

The Sabres certainly have proved that no lead is safe ... theirs :) or ours :(

They do seem to play better when behind than they do when ahead.

I'm sure that you've heard this many times before, but I wish your avatar was the new logo for the Sabres jersey. (sorry to include jersey talk, but the 3-d buffalo staring at you with crossed sabres around it is so cool) I think the best possible new jersey for the sabres would be the old throwback jerseys with that logo.

This is just my opinion and it's not like I hate the sluggalo, I just think a team so good as our guys are should have a jersey to match.

(I am dreading the form fitting switch also :( )

Archived