Gerber Pulled AGAIN!! Ottawa Hammered By Columbus???

matter2003

Man Ottawa is a hard one to figure out this year....

They have stretches of good games and then they absolutely fall apart for long stretches of games(kinda like Toronto---lost 7 straight---ouch)...

Columbus set a franchise record with 5 PP goals in the game...Gerber pulled after giving up 4 goals on 13 shots...he looks like an absolute shell of the player he was early last year with Carolina....

Could this be another Jose Theodore type collapse, where a goalie who has played very well suddenly and inexplicably seems to get shelled every time they play? I don't know what it is---confidence, suddenly losing their skills or getting so off track from their techniques that they can never sem to find it again.... Theodore never really has recovered and Gerber seems headed towards such a slide...I know this is at least the second time he has been pulled in the past week or week and a half....

I guess this would be the total opposite of the Dwayne Roloson type ascension, where a goalie for some unknown reason suddenly starts playing much better than he has for the past 6 or 7 years, and sustains it---like it took 6 years for the light to finally turn on his head....

They have stretches of good games and then they absolutely fall apart for long stretches of games(kinda like Toronto---lost 7 straight---ouch)...

Columbus set a franchise record with 5 PP goals in the game...Gerber pulled after giving up 4 goals on 13 shots...he looks like an absolute shell of the player he was early last year with Carolina....

Could this be another Jose Theodore type collapse, where a goalie who has played very well suddenly and inexplicably seems to get shelled every time they play? I don't know what it is---confidence, suddenly losing their skills or getting so off track from their techniques that they can never sem to find it again.... Theodore never really has recovered and Gerber seems headed towards such a slide...I know this is at least the second time he has been pulled in the past week or week and a half....

I guess this would be the total opposite of the Dwayne Roloson type ascension, where a goalie for some unknown reason suddenly starts playing much better than he has for the past 6 or 7 years, and sustains it---like it took 6 years for the light to finally turn on his head....

But Rolosen didn't start playing better for an "unknown" reason. He started playing better because he completely altered his style of play when he went back to the minors. In his 1st stint in the NHL, he was a reaction goalie. When he went back to the minors, he learned how to play a more positionally sound game.

Gerber has been considered mentally soft for a long time. Apparently, Mr. Personality made a comment very early in the season disparaging Hasek that was misinterpreted by the baby food goalie as a shot at him. I can't believe that is the reason that he is still having issues, but it could be a bit of a snowball effect.

I was just coming here to post that! lol

Archived