SHELDON SOURAY?

deluca67

He is scheduled for tests today or tomorrow from what I read---apparently it is a wrist injury he suffered after getting checked into the boards by Gaustad. He has had wrist issues before, so it could possibly be the same type of injury...

It would be a huge loss for them, he is one hell of a player....Its not too often that a defenseman will be the teams leading goal scorer(in fact I can't remember the last time it happened), especially when you have players like Kovalev, Koivu, Higgings, Ryder, Samsonov(although he usually is more of an assister) etc...

Definetly wouldn't want him in Buffalo.

1. There's a reason why for 4 months love him, then next 4 they hate him. He gets in streaks. When he's good, he's real good, but when he's bad, he is really bad.

2. Too slow for fast Sabres. Teams would counter alot on us with him on the ice, he'd jump up with the forwards but too slow to get back.

3. The dude has 24points, and a -8. Hmmm.... 20pts are pp, so his rocket of a shot does jack in 5v5 situations, which almost 90% of 3rd periods is in the playoffs. No thanks.

4. We think Kalinin is bad? This dude is even worse in his own end.

1. There's a reason why for 4 months love him, then next 4 they hate him. He gets in streaks. When he's good, he's real good, but when he's bad, he is really bad.

2. Too slow for fast Sabres. Teams would counter alot on us with him on the ice, he'd jump up with the forwards but too slow to get back.

3. The dude has 24points, and a -8. Hmmm.... 20pts are pp, so his rocket of a shot does jack in 5v5 situations, which almost 90% of 3rd periods is in the playoffs. No thanks.

He always seems to contribute a big goal when he scores. I've watched a few Montreal games this year. He is a presence on the ice. Sounds like the game changed the other night after he left. And he hasn't looked that slow to me.

He would be an upgrade to most of our "fast" D-men IMO. But there is no sense arguing since there is not chance he would end up in Buffalo.

F Sheldon Souray. I hope his wrist is broken and he misses the rest of the season.

I'm a Sabres fan; anything that helps the Sabres is good for us!

What if he helps to beat Ottawa, Toronto, and Boston?

And we have no streaky players? Kotalik leaps to mind... I would take Souray in a heartbeat!!!

Archived