Kalinins play this year

FearTheReaper

Kalinin has played so amazing this year and i really believe he had shown the most improvement this year over every defensemen we have.He rarely makes mistakes and he has a great puck perception to know when to join the rush,I think by the end of the year he will be 1 of the best in the league

Kalinin has played so amazing this year and i really believe he had shown the most improvement this year over every defensemen we have.He rarely makes mistakes and he has a great puck perception to know when to join the rush,I think by the end of the year he will be 1 of the best in the league

You didn't catch last night's game did you.

Well, Dmitri & Teppo WERE the only Sabres to be on the ice for all three goals yesterday...

No one is singling him out for the loss - short of Miller, the whole team sucked yesterday.

Do you really think he is more improved than Campbell? Look at Kalinin's season stats and check out his +/- -- he is great some nights, and he is brutal other nights. IMO, he will always be a top-3/top-4 defenseman on his team - but unless he shows a lot more presence and consistency, he won't be one of the top blueliners in the league.

no one played well yesterday why would you rule out kalnin?thats pretty stupid,the whole team died agianst the panthers and kalinin is as much to blaim as drury come on

He was on the ice for all 3 goals, and in fact right in front of the net on all 3. Was more of a contributer on the GWG than Jackman was, and generally looked terrible.

Kalinin did play well for about 10-12 games this season and then started to look slow. Then he looked lost and now he is just awful in the past few games. Peatsch isn't much better then him right now, but in the past 4-5 games i'd say Kalinin has been the worst player on this team. He gets beat all the time, takes stupid penalties and can't ever hold the puck from clearing the zone.

Overall i think Kalinin will get over the hump and be a very good player again shortly. He is worring me not gonna lie.

If "Kalinin" is your super-secret code word for "Campbell" then I agree 100%.

campbell is probably the most improved player in the LEAGUE, let alone the sabres. Kalinin has shown some level of sound defensive play, however, he's totally regressed from his improvement towards the end of last season to his previous unspectacular level. If it weren't for Teppo's age and heart condition, i'd label kalinin as the weakest link in our defense. When all 6 are healthy again, i expect teppo and kalinin to be benched regularly in favor of paetsch to allow the former to rest and the latter to realize that he needs his game to step up.

The best thing to happen to kalinin last year was being benched. I Think he's grown too comfortable in his job security. he'll start to look over his shoulder again when tallinder is back (and teppo is healthy from his toe). That day couldn't come soon enough.

But to call kalinin improved is a joke, when you've got a potential Norris Trophy winner in Campbell on your team.

I think he is a good player too. Maybe not amazing and still has a lot to learn but he is good

I used to like Kalininen but it seems like he is a hot-and-cold player. He has games, even shifts within games, when whe plays out of his mind like he's the best ever, then has other times when you think Lindy must be out of his mind for putting him out there.

Personally, I think he would make a better forward than d-man. And to get some grit on D, put Kotalk back there. He seems to do well on the PP and also plays the body well on the back check.

As for improvement, I don't know how you can say anyone has improved more than Campbell. He was very good last year, but he has definitely become the Number One guy, playing almost 30 minutes every night.

Archived