Well, that sucked...

SDS

It did and it didn't. I'm back in Richmond after the game. It was disappointing to lose the game. The reasons it didn't suck:

1. It was great to go to Fado's and hang out with a few hundred new friends before the game. (Good to meet you, Scott)

2. It was even better to go hoarse cheering for the Sabres with thousands and thousands of Sabres Fans 400 miles from home ice. I'm watching a recording of the Comcast SportsNet broadcast and it sounds like the game is at HSBC. The guy that ran the "three-toot" horn at the Verizon Center had to speed up his cadence because the "Let's Go Caps!" chant was completely overwhelmed by "Let's go Buffalo" or "Let's go Sabres" chants.

3. Until the freak, 138-foot empty net goal, there was a belief that our guys just might score those last two goals. It is SO GREAT to have a team that will never give up.

4. The Penalty Kill - The Caps had 7 power plays. The managed a total of three shots on 7 power plays, and only one shot in their final six. . We managed 2 shots short-handed. The Cap's PP was in the top half of the league and the Sabres showed that when under pressure, this team responded by getting better. That will help in the late spring.

5. My friend and I had our eight-year olds there watching a live hockey game for the first time. They cheered for the blue and gold for two and a half hours, almost all of which was after regular bedtime. It doesn't get better than that. We will be taking them to another game soon!

Sorry I didn't talk to more folks at Fado...it was a mob scene! Great pre-game atmosphere!

Lots of good jerseys...anyone here the guy in the red Bisons sweater? I got a few compliments on my J.F. Sauve classic.

Oh well, see everybody back down here in April!

I would have loved to come down from WNY for the game in April except for the fact that Easter Sunday is the next day. :angry:

Archived