ICEJERSEYS.COM HAVE NEW SLUGS COME AND GET IT!!

Scotty

Hey,

Thought I give a heads up.... Icejerseys.com have new slug jerseys. Just got my Maxiumus Dark one. 1-3 week delivery and used google checkout and it only cost $154 with shipping. CAN NOT WAIT to get it. It is my first Sabres Jersey and will not be my last!

you got robbed.

get rid of the slug and it migh be worth it. Ugliest logo in all of sports history IMO

I was never a fan of the old blue and gold (third jersey). Too many yellow stripes and that harsh looking blue. Hence this is my first jersey. The slug has grown on me, I know that might sound harsh but it's a logo only a mother could love. I don't care if I am dinking Quinny's Kool-Aid I think the new darks look awesome. Plus I love how Max drives other teams nuts, he gets so many penalties called because of him.

I was never a fan of the old blue and gold (third jersey). Too many yellow stripes and that harsh looking blue. Hence this is my first jersey. The slug has grown on me, I know that might sound harsh but it's a logo only a mother could love. I don't care if I am dinking Quinny's Kool-Aid I think the new darks look awesome. Plus I love how Max drives other teams nuts, he gets so many penalties called because of him.

I am in TOTAL agreeance (sp?) with you on the original jerseys having too many yellow stripes. I've said this before. There should be a white stripe in there with the yellow. Like the Oilers have. I love the Sabres original logo, but those Dark Jerseys (away jerseys, back before the NHL changed it) were never my favorite. I liked the white home ones though. Too many yellow stripes and thats my final answer!! ;)

The new jerseys are awesome. The logo needs help (Barney Rubble Sluggohair), but the jerseys are very sharp.

I am in TOTAL agreeance (sp?) with you on the original jerseys having too many yellow stripes. I've said this before. There should be a white stripe in there with the yellow. Like the Oilers have. I love the Sabres original logo, but those Dark Jerseys (away jerseys, back before the NHL changed it) were never my favorite. I liked the white home ones though. Too many yellow stripes and thats my final answer!! ;)

The new jerseys are awesome. The logo needs help (Barney Rubble Sluggohair), but the jerseys are very sharp.

The slug dark jerseys aren't blue enough for my taste, and the slug whites just don't do it for me........... :beer:

ugh... its only a matter of time before you all give up this inane rant that keeps going like the song that never ends... like really... how many people did this when the black and red stuff was released... fast forward to 2005.... here we are all owning and all wearing red and black merchandise... yes maybe the other stuff wasn't readily available during most of those years but from 04 to 05 it was and i didn't see THAT many origional blue and gold jerseys...

And just like the red and black stuff... the new blue and gold will be embraced...

ugh... its only a matter of time before you all give up this inane rant that keeps going like the song that never ends... like really... how many people did this when the black and red stuff was released... fast forward to 2005.... here we are all owning and all wearing red and black merchandise... yes maybe the other stuff wasn't readily available during most of those years but from 04 to 05 it was and i didn't see THAT many origional blue and gold jerseys...

And just like the red and black stuff... the new blue and gold will be embraced...

Yeah, I guess we should all stop fighting the brainwashing, since the slug is such a classic, strong and inspiring logo that melds both the Sabres' traditions and heritage with the new era of Sabres hockey. <_<

As for the black & red, you're comparing apples to oranges there...there was NEVER this much backlash about the black & red....when the B&R were unveiled, there were a lot of fans who were ready for updated uniforms, mainly because the original B&G sweaters were looking tired, old and dated, even in the early 90s.

No matter what anyone says, the biggest reason the team is selling as much slug merchandise is because the team is coming off a very successful season, in which they surprised everyone with a deep playoff run, then followed it by firing out of the gate at a record pace.

For the record, during my last trip home (Thanksgiving weekend) I went into a couple stores to see the slug up close, and see if maybe I could get past the logo. The answer was easily no, but I also couldn't buy the original logo stuff (at Laux) because it had that same old, tired, dated look to it. I think I am going to wait until they darken the 3rd jerseys before I plunk down my cash...

joke!

I've never bought anything black and red and will never buy any slug thing! as long as they don't go back to the old logo i'll keep my original stuff and if they start to break into pieces will try to buy some on e-bay.

Thanks for the heads up, i'm definetly getting a jersey after christmas.

Another site i heard about from fans in DC is www.20west.com, right now they only have black and red avail, but he said they add jerseys alot and they sell the orginal blue vintage but with the number on front. The dude in DC said he bought his Miller with # on front vintage for like $140.

Archived