This is just getting to be so ridiculous

wjag

From the Buffalo News..

The bumps and bruises, tweaks and sprains keep mounting for Buffalo.

Wingers Daniel Paille and Jason Pominville didn't practice because of a swollen ankle and sore groin, respectively. Defenseman Jaroslav Spacek left the ice early with a groin injury that's believed to be minor.

Ruff said if the Sabres needed reinforcements for tonight's game against the New York Rangers in Madison Square Garden they wouldn't recall anybody until today.

"I think we're going to be fine up front," Ruff said. "We still have Andrew [Peters] and on defense, talking to Jaro, he thinks he's going to be fine. I don't think we're in any danger of being short, and if we are, we can easily get someone in."

Paille took a shot off his right boot in Friday night's 2-1 overtime loss to the Montreal Canadiens but said he would play tonight. Pominville was unavailable to comment.

Winger Jochen Hecht and defenseman Toni Lydman practiced, but neither is expected to return tonight. Hecht said his inner-ear problem was feeling better but probably not good enough to dress.

Lydman's migraine-inducing neck injury appears to be improving. He was one of the last players off the ice.

From the Buffalo News..

The bumps and bruises, tweaks and sprains keep mounting for Buffalo.

Wingers Daniel Paille and Jason Pominville didn't practice because of a swollen ankle and sore groin, respectively. Defenseman Jaroslav Spacek left the ice early with a groin injury that's believed to be minor.

Ruff said if the Sabres needed reinforcements for tonight's game against the New York Rangers in Madison Square Garden they wouldn't recall anybody until today.

"I think we're going to be fine up front," Ruff said. "We still have Andrew [Peters] and on defense, talking to Jaro, he thinks he's going to be fine. I don't think we're in any danger of being short, and if we are, we can easily get someone in."

Paille took a shot off his right boot in Friday night's 2-1 overtime loss to the Montreal Canadiens but said he would play tonight. Pominville was unavailable to comment.

Winger Jochen Hecht and defenseman Toni Lydman practiced, but neither is expected to return tonight. Hecht said his inner-ear problem was feeling better but probably not good enough to dress.

Lydman's migraine-inducing neck injury appears to be improving. He was one of the last players off the ice.

Spacek may indeed be fine, but playing with a semi-injured groin this early in the season, is NOT a situation you want to find yourself in.

As much as it bugs me, we need to move one or two forwards and shore up the D. They're still too thin on the blueline, and let's face it - this is proving to be a very injury prone team.

Further, we're so close to the cap that we won't even be able to call up replacements from Rochester if we lose one or two more players, which is entirely possible.

I guess it's just the hockey gods way of saying "we're still watching you" :(

our cap number is fine... we're still figuring in connolly... if he is indeed gone for the year, we're almost $3 million under the adjusted cap. I believe we just have to get past tonight. our injury situation looks much better next weekend, baring anything tonight or a freak workout injury during the week

our cap number is fine... we're still figuring in connolly... if he is indeed gone for the year, we're almost $3 million under the adjusted cap. I believe we just have to get past tonight. our injury situation looks much better next weekend, baring anything tonight or a freak workout injury during the week

But who's to say that very scenario won't be a reality? I hate to be all doom and gloom here, but so far things aren't exactly looking pretty when it comes to the health of this team, that's the point I'm trying to make.

Honestly, I'm just a little worried we'll see a repeat of last season. I'm not saying we'll be down 4 d-men in the playoffs, but hey - less can do it. We've been playing 5 d-men for 2 weeks now, this puts a lot of wear and tear into those 5, at a time where we shouldn't have to.

Plus we're dinged up front as well.

Injuries are normal, but this seems unusual. Of course, there are injuries that cannot be "prevented", such as getting drilled in the foot with the puck.

However, I do wonder about our strength and conditioning, adequate rest, intensity level in practice, overwork in games, physical size/getting knocked around. I'm not qualified to question this stuff, but just wondering, because it's getting goofy. Hmmmmmmm . . . .

And RJ's out too! Think we should just keep his mic open, and we'll have to imagine what's going on from the game sounds.

At least the Amerks are getting some time in the bigs to accelerate their development.

Other than the implication by folks here, the following was posted on another site as well. I didn't get a chance to listen to WGR today and couldn't find info on their site.

According to some sources Rick Jeanneret is sick and Jim Lorentz and Mike Robitaille will call the game tonight. can we just imagine how thats going to sound.

Update:

it has now been said on WGR55. so its offical

What are we gonna do? :(

Anyone know who the scratches are and who the call ups are?

noone was called up. Amerks just won 5-4 in OT.

I read, either here or somewhere else, Spacek and Paille should be able to play. If Pominville can't, Peters will.

Lydman, Roy and Hecht obviously are still out.

At least the Amerks are getting some time in the bigs to accelerate their development.

I think that is really the upside. Paetch seems to be getting better and better.

Paille saved the game the other night with a save in the crease and is a nifty passer.

Stafford has a hell of an upside.

As for Funk and Card, well, they know what they need to work on.

Archived