Sabres video on youtube

PASabreFan

I posted this a while back and I don't think we came to any conclusion, but...

At the very end of a fast paced montage of clips, there's a hockey player in black and red, bent over. The photo is paused an extra half second, adding emphasis to it, before we see Tom Golisano standing up. The timing led me to suspect it was Golisano, but all the talk was how he never got into hockey before buying the Sabres. I almost want to say it's a young Rick Jeanneret, but nah. Can someone solve this mystery?

By the way, I am like a pig in #%^$#! watching all these videos. I just got a new computer. The video quality is less than I expected though. It's something less than television quality. Is that to be expected or am I doing something wrong?

At the very end of a fast paced montage of clips, there's a hockey player in black and red, bent over. The photo is paused an extra half second, adding emphasis to it, before we see Tom Golisano standing up. The timing led me to suspect it was Golisano, but all the talk was how he never got into hockey before buying the Sabres. I almost want to say it's a young Rick Jeanneret, but nah. Can someone solve this mystery?

By the way, I am like a pig in #%^$#! watching all these videos. I just got a new computer. The video quality is less than I expected though. It's something less than television quality. Is that to be expected or am I doing something wrong?

what machine did you finally get?

Video on the web is VERY source dependent. Many times it has to be compressed (to make a file smaller) so much that it can be pretty bad. Video takes a TON of disk space.

it looks like it could be Tim Horton

photo could be from his jounior playing days at St. Michael's College team in the Ontario Hockey League

I think you're right.

I think it is Jim Lorentz. Horton's junior days were in the early 50's and that photo is from the late sixties if I had to guess. In the 1960's, Lorentz played for the Niagara Falls Flyers (Ontario Hockey Association) and the Oklahoma City Blazers (Central Hockey League) before being brought into the NHL on the Bruins.

I think it is Jim Lorentz. Horton's junior days were in the early 50's and that photo is from the late sixties if I had to guess. In the 1960's, Lorentz played for the Niagara Falls Flyers (Ontario Hockey Association) and the Oklahoma City Blazers (Central Hockey League) before being brought into the NHL on the Bruins.

I don't understand the significance of a Jim Lorentz picture at the end of the video. That being said, I can't find any pics of Horton with long hair from his junior days. I'm stumped.

I don't understand the significance of a Jim Lorentz picture at the end of the video. That being said, I can't find any pics of Horton with long hair from his junior days. I'm stumped.

I'm betting it was the guy who made the video that spliced himself in.

Or it is a picture of

http://hometown.aol.com/gemsgreats/trottier.jpg

guy trottier

My favorite part of that video was the brawl with the Bruins with the Zamboni doors open. I miss the occasional bench clearing brawl.

The doors aren't just open...that was the famous fight where Jim Schoenfeld and Wayne Cashman busted through them!

At the time, they were the "Big Bad Bruins" and a huge rival. That game, (Schoeny fought and beat 3 separate Bruins that night) established the fact that the fledgling Sabres would not be pushed around.

The night we won a playoff game at the Forum in Montreal was another watershed event for the young Sabres franchise. The Habs of that period were legendary and the class of the league. Being able to compete with that storied franchise gave us credibility.

An event I would rate in importance with those two happened in Game one of the playoffs last year when the Broadstreet Bullies came to town to push around the smallish, inexperienced Sabres. The moment Umberger's back hit the ice the Philly series was over and this team came of age. When we win the shiny thing, I think you can trace it to that moment.

Archived