I owe Brian Campbell an apology!!!

LabattBlue

I was wrong about Campbell...

Even at the beginning of this season I had my doubts, but he is playing at a high level, is not giving the puck away, is pitching in offensively, making the occasional hit and showing no signs of slowing up. Memo to Darcy...Campbell is only signed for this year and next...get to work and lock this guy up for at least 3-4 more years!

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

I wouldn;t go that far. He's not even the best defensemen on the Sabres when all are healthy. I will say that the gap between he and Kalinin has closed. But both are a notch below Tallinder.

I go with Campbell being our best defenceman, he brings more to the table then Tallinder, including the durability factor............Very glad that we have both of them.............. :beer:

Campbell is also one of the best hitters in the league. Just ask Jan Bulis and RJ Umberger.

As for Henrik Tallinder, when he comes back, WATCH OUT!!! The league will be hard pressed to come close to beating the Blue and Gold.

Blue, Campbell took some time to develop, so don't beat yourself too hard. Two seasons (that's three "human years"--gotta take care of the exchange rate) ago, I was furious every time I saw that 51 on the ice (usually, this was combined with a goal against). Even last season, I got frustrated. It seemed to me, and actually, it still seems to me, that the Umberger hit was his rite of passage. He seemed to become twice the defenseman after that, IMO. Cool, and great to see what he can do now.

As a PS: Glad to see Umberger playing; he may be a Phlyer, but he's a good hockey player.

I wouldn;t go that far. He's not even the best defensemen on the Sabres when all are healthy. I will say that the gap between he and Kalinin has closed. But both are a notch below Tallinder.

Just imagine how impossible those words would seem two seasons ago. They've truly made such huge strides, it's almost mind boggling.

Soupy appears to be an anomaly.

He is one of those rare players that plays better with over 24 minutes.

I think with the more ice time he allows himself to be more selective about

when he joins the rush and doesn't feel the need to press his game to make a

contribution. If there is an upside to injuries, this could be it.

What a difference from the beginning of last season, when I cringed every time he touched the puck. Now, along with Teppo, there's no Sabre D-Man currently in the lineup I'd rather see going to make a play.

Kudos to Brian for the gigantic strides he's made. The game has slowed down for him. His cross ice saucers on the PP are nothing short of brilliant.

Archived