Vanek

Larry Playfair

Vanek- nine goals and seven assists in his past 10 games. 16 pts in his last ten outings!

I thought he was one of our top 3 players during the opening winning streak, and he continues to buzz all over the ice. Lindy's got him playing both ends of the rink, and I noticed Vanek has gotten increased ice time on special teams.

The kid has really turned it up this year. I'm very happy for him...and us.

I thought Vanek's 1st goal was a top 5 goal of the year. He speared a Panther pass at point-blank range, waist-high, took a half-second to get the puck in shooting position, picked a spot, and put it in the top corner through traffic. Amazing.

As for Drury playing with Pominville -- I will predict that Timmy will return in the 2nd half of the year and take Pominville's spot on Briere's line. This will bump Pominville to Drury's line with Kotalik, and put Novotny with Mair and Gaustad.

What the hey -- I will also predict that Vanek gets another one tonight.

Go Sabres.

I thought Vanek's 1st goal was a top 5 goal of the year. He speared a Panther pass at point-blank range, waist-high, took a half-second to get the puck in shooting position, picked a spot, and put it in the top corner through traffic. Amazing.

As for Drury playing with Pominville -- I will predict that Timmy will return in the 2nd half of the year and take Pominville's spot on Briere's line. This will bump Pominville to Drury's line with Kotalik, and put Novotny with Mair and Gaustad.

What the hey -- I will also predict that Vanek gets another one tonight.

Go Sabres.

To this point in the season, we are one of the elite teams in the league.. why in the name of Gretzky would you wanna screw with the chemistry of all three of those lines, just to make room for Timmy? If anything.. put him with Muir and Gaustad, and leave the other lines alone. It's not as though our "Checking Line" is a real checking line.. probably the most raw hockey skill of any 4th line in recent memory, on any team. I say, "If it ain't broke.. don't fix it."

To this point in the season, we are one of the elite teams in the league.. why in the name of Gretzky would you wanna screw with the chemistry of all three of those lines, just to make room for Timmy? If anything.. put him with Muir and Gaustad, and leave the other lines alone. It's not as though our "Checking Line" is a real checking line.. probably the most raw hockey skill of any 4th line in recent memory, on any team. I say, "If it ain't broke.. don't fix it."

When Timmy comes back, if he's at the level he was in the playoffs, he's possibly the best player on the team. :)

When Timmy comes back, if he's at the level he was in the playoffs, he's possibly the best player on the team. :)

Even if he comes back at that same level, I suspect Vanek might give him a run for that best player status.

:)

Archived