Connolly story in The Buffalo News

BetweenThePipes00

Here is the link ...

http://buffalonews.com/editorial/20061108/1003068.asp

it's a good story ... he's not ready to start exercising or anything, but here is what I am encouraged by ...

Connolly claimed he passed last month all four baseline neurological tests that measure his recovery. What's holding him back, he said, is "an occasional headache. That's my one and only symptom. It's just taking longer than expected."

Granted, maybe Timmy is sugar-coating it a bit because he wants to come back. But if his baseline tests are good, and the headaches are indeed "occasional," not constant, I would think he is getting closer. And if he wanted to lie and sugar-coat it, why not just tell them he has no more headaches? It appears he's being smart about it, even though it has to be frustrating.

Assuming he is healthy and not at risk, I can't wait to have him back. he is a huge part of the team, especially on the power play.

I hate to be this guy but I really have to wonder if they are bumping around this website.

Today's headline: Rolling the dice on Connolly

Yesterday's post by yours truly: I think the Connolly signing was a crap shoot...

Me thinks Tim Graham might be spending some time 'round these here parts,

I hate to be this guy but I really have to wonder if they are bumping around this website.

Yesterday's post by yours truly: I think the Connolly signing was a crap shoot...

i don't know, that story seems to have been in the works a while, at least a couple days ... he talked to Golisano, Quinn, Connolly ... maybe it's easy to get Lindy and Darcy every day but that would be a feat to get all those sources, plus that Bill Watters guy, in a few hours and write a good story. As far as I know, Golisano is not just hanging out at the arena every day.

The Sabres media does read all of these sites. You can take that to the bank. Why? We fans have kicked their ass a few times. Who broke the slug logo? This site. Going back a few years, the first news of Dominik Hasek's trade to the Wings came on a fan site.

From my days at The Spectrum, if memory serves me, reporters don't usually write their own headlines, that's left to the copy editors or section editors.

But it's possible someone's eyes saw your post, Inkman.

The Sabres media does read all of these sites. You can take that to the bank. Why? We fans have kicked their ass a few times. Who broke the slug logo? This site. Going back a few years, the first news of Dominik Hasek's trade to the Wings came on a fan site.

The "mainstream" media (can we call the Buffalo News that?) does read these sites, and for another reason besides what you mentioned: They need to know what readers are interested in. Relatively hot topics here become the subjects of articles in the News a few days later.

The writers do have access to players, coaches, and management, so at least we gain some perspective. But not many of the writers' ideas are original anymore. Or were they ever? I'm guessing that they always had the same ideas as the rest of us, but now with the Internet, we communicate our ideas with each other first.

Archived