Defending against Max...

LabattBlue

It is a no win situation for Sabres opponents...

1.If you try to chase him, you are going to spin yourself dizzy trying to catch him

or

2. If you try and maintain your position and play team defense, he skates around the team like there are 5 pylons on the ice.

The season is early, but if Max gains some confidence in terms of goal scoring, 35-40 goals is not out of the question.

Or you could just tackle him like one of the Bruins did last night on Max's half breakaway in the 2nd.

Was that Mara that tackledd him? I don't know how Mara got away with half of what he did last night.

I think Max is actually looks very confident out there. He is finishing chances that he wouldn't have in the past.

Was that Mara that tackledd him? I don't know how Mara got away with half of what he did last night.

I think Max is actually looks very confident out there. He is finishing chances that he wouldn't have in the past.

Max definitely does look confident out there. I don't think it is so important that Max break the 40 goal plateau as continuing to set up everyone else. I believe he led the team in assists last year and he is up there this year. He really rivals Briere as far as setting up his teammates for easy scores. With his speed, vision, and puck control, he could really be the next break out star in this league.

Not only is he finishing chances that he wouldn't have in the past, but he is also creating stuff he wouldn't have in the past. We haven't really seen the "Max's feet are going too fast for his hands" fumbles we've grown accustomed to, and save the ill-advised drop-pass against Atlanta, he hasn't really made any boneheaded passes with the puck.

The other big difference is he seems to be all over the ice - it's like he has learned where to go to meet the puck, rather than chasing it everywhere - but when he wants to chase someone down, he can do that too.

Someone was trying to convince me he is our MVP so far. He is definately making that push, but he is also prone to at least one giveaway or penalty a game that really costs us.

True, but what hell. He is finishing better this year. One or two giveways are worth it! At one point during the Boston game, I was just like, let's go, who care's if we lose by 5, lets just attack, attack, attack. Seems that's what they did with a little turtling from Boston. If we lose, atleast it will be fun to watch. Without a doubt, Max is the most explosive player on the team. Its great to see with him turning unselfish last year (most points and assists). Now he does both! The Russian Rocket!

True, but what hell. He is finishing better this year. One or two giveways are worth it! At one point during the Boston game, I was just like, let's go, who care's if we lose by 5, lets just attack, attack, attack. Seems that's what they did with a little turtling from Boston. If we lose, atleast it will be fun to watch. Without a doubt, Max is the most explosive player on the team. Its great to see with him turning unselfish last year (most points and assists). Now he does both! The Russian Rocket!

Makes me wonder if he's going to be one of the Sabres' Hart Trophy candidates (along with Vanek, Drury, and DeLuca Peters). ( :lol: on the last one)

Archived