Pickup Leagues

shrader

Way to go, Blackhawks!

Two people on this board should be able to pick me of this lineup. Anyone, anyone?

I don't know which one is you, but who is that d-bag that no one wants to kneel next to? Man, everyone is keeping their distance from him. :lol: ;)

I'm in a pretty crazy situation in my league. Our playoffs are double elimination and we lost our first game in a long shoot out. Now we're in a spot where if we decide to run the table (and we can), we'll have a game on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Sunday next week. I hope we can do it because running that table would lead to one hell of a sense of accomplishment. Its a pretty balanced league and we've beaten everyone that we could run into, so its very doable.

And now another story. Last weekend while in Denver I played in this fan game as a part of the frozen four. At one point towards the end of the game, I was racing for the puck with this girl who was probably the best player on the ice. There was some incidental contact and she fell into the boards. As I turned away, I suddenly felt something hit my back. The girl had decided to take a two hand tomahawk swing at me. Later she said that she was mad that I had hit her (somehow my knee making contact with her hip is the equivalent of a check from behind now), so she decided to send a message. If you want to express your disgust, that's fine. But how the hell can anyone try to justify taking a full swing like that at anyone on the ice? It took all the control I had to not beat up a girl, something I never thought I would even have to consider.

Oh, and in case DC is wondering, no penalty was called. :D

• 4 weeks later...

2 goals and 2 assists in a 7-3 win to open up the summer season. I split two defensemen, using my size to protect the puck to score the 2nd one on a breakaway. If I could ever figure out how to consistently use my size like that, I'd actually turn into a decent player. Maybe some day.

• 2 weeks later...

My team is an absolute machine right now. I love the fact that being the worst player on this team is not even close to being an insult. 8-1 last night and added another goal (should've had 4 though). I can't wait until they get the league sorted out and have us playing against the better competition. We'll probably have 3 or 4 more games like this before they rebalance leagues.

Archived