Chris Drury

jwrak

Chris Drury is now the leading goal scorer in the league with 10. My question is, is he a legit canditate for the Rocket Richard, or does he just have the hot hand right now???

I think he is legit because not only is he a great player, but with Buffalo being able to constantly roll with 4 lines, its tough for other teams to be able to keep certain defenders on the ice against certain people. Also, as long as the Max-Roy-Vanek line stays hot, they will draw more attention than the Drury line. I think that as long as Chris stays healthy, he has a shot at this trophy.

Chris Drury is now the leading goal scorer in the league with 10. My question is, is he a legit canditate for the Rocket Richard, or does he just have the hot hand right now???

I think he is legit because not only is he a great player, but with Buffalo being able to constantly roll with 4 lines, its tough for other teams to be able to keep certain defenders on the ice against certain people. Also, as long as the Max-Roy-Vanek line stays hot, they will draw more attention than the Drury line. I think that as long as Chris stays healthy, he has a shot at this trophy.

The thing is, he doesn't play on a line with super stars. He plays with Notovy and Kotolik and he still leads the league in goals. Pretty amazing! I still don't think he finishes the season in the top 10 in goal scoring. He's a really excellent player, but how long can he keep this up?

I don't remember where I saw it but someone made a great point that last year with Grier on his line they were more geared towards shutting down the opponents top line, where this year his line is a little more offensive minded. I tell you though, he is a master at picking the corner of the net.

I don't remember where I saw it but someone made a great point that last year with Grier on his line they were more geared towards shutting down the opponents top line, where this year his line is a little more offensive minded. I tell you though, he is a master at picking the corner of the net.

There was a Buffalo News article regarding just that--but the point also may have been made (quite possibly prior to the article) by a poster here.

Archived