Dumping on Regier

PromoTheRobot

He's probably a Bills fan. Bills' fans hate everybody - the team, the GM, the coach, the owner, the players, the city, the NFL, Tagliabue, big cities, small cities, the President, the Governor, baseball fans, cats, dogs, children and unregistered guests.

Nobody circles the bandwagon like a Buffalo fan :P

http://www.sabresfans.com/articles.asp?id=1592&ref=74

I don't know who this doofus is, but he strikes me as a half-empty kind of guy who probably doesn't know what to do with himself now that the Sabres are winning.

PTR

Give the guy some credit. :D

At least he reads my posts.

The point is simple. The Sabres have had a great 31 games. Does 31 games erase 3+ seasons? And for some of us you can go back to day one with Regier.

It's great to see the Sabres playing well. But 31 games does not a career make. If Regier can get A team into the playoffs that will be a big + in his corner. And if he makes money? That is another huge +. Lets not reward Regier any medals before he actually does anything.

The point is simple. The Sabres have had a great 31 games. Does 31 games erase 3+ seasons? And for some of us you can go back to day one with Regier.

I guess the simple question is, how long does a rebuilding process take. It's safe to say that this team probably wouldn't be in the shape it is right without the moves Darcy made. IF this team can make a deep run in the playoffs, I'd say it's worth it. A few more years like that would definitely cancel out the last three years. As a whole, sports fans have a "what have you done for me lately" mentality. This probably isn't the best of examples, but back in the early 90's, how many Bills fans were thinking about the early to mid 80s?

He's probably a Bills fan. Bills' fans hate everybody - the team, the GM, the coach, the owner, the players, the city, the NFL, Tagliabue, big cities, small cities, the President, the Governor, baseball fans, cats, dogs, children and unregistered guests.

Nobody circles the bandwagon like a Buffalo fan :P

Have you seen the Bills lately? Theres a reason why Bills fans hate everybody

Give the guy some credit. :D

At least he reads my posts.

It's great to see the Sabres playing well. But 31 games does not a career make. If Regier can get A team into the playoffs that will be a big + in his corner. And if he makes money? That is another huge +. Lets not reward Regier any medals before he actually does anything.

i like your 'end' thinking... and your right nothing has been accomplished yet... but if ANYTHING... im having fun watching this team and the leaf fans have nothing on me up here in Southern Ontario... so lets hope they keep it going... if we can make the playoffs well definatly be on our way... the only thing i worry about is having a year of success and then going to the basement like teams like carolina and San Jose... one year there great... another there just terrible... i pay to god that doesn't happen.

A guy like Regier (and Ruff for that matter) deserve to tell all of us to kiss their hairy a$$es for calling for their heads. Teams don't win by accident, or despite incompetant coaching and management. This season so far vindicates what they have been saying all along. Ruff even said if they don't win this year, it's all on him because he's got the guys and the system he wants.

Bigger men on this board ought to admit they were wrong.

PTR

Hey PTR. zero is a great fan, and a free thinker. I guess even on the Internet, the bastion for free thinkers, he is the proverbial nail that has to be pounded down. He makes great points that he always backs up with facts.

Look at your calendar. It's December 15th, not June 15th. No fan has to apologize for criticizing Ruff and Regier for years of losing after a few weeks of winning. For the umpteenth time, so far so good! But that's all anyone should say, especially the team, which seems to be dangerously close to patting itself on the back. That's dangerous territory to enter. Don't think about what you're doing, Sabres, just keep doing it!

And, yes, teams do win by accident, then, as someone pointed out, go right back into the dumper for years. The Sabres are the Cincinnati Bengals of the NHL. The Bengals are finally winning. Is it because of a plan the franchise put in place, oh, 20 years ago? Is the winning now a vindication of decisions made by this woeful organization five years ago? Or does the blind hog actually find an acorn once in awhile?

I am hopeful the Sabres' success is not an accident, and I will be more than happy to admit I was wrong about the Sabres' approach to building a team... when the time comes!

Archived