GAME THREAD

Corp000085

In my opinion, overall, Miller is the better goaltender. Everyone who is advocating riding the hot hand in net, just consider this, what if the team would be playing even better with Miller in net?

that is just ridiculous, of course everyone would like it if magically the team played better than it has the last 15 or so games, but what makes you think that putting miller in would do that, in my opinion marty has played just as well or better than miller did during the beginning of the season, and I think in general, the team has played better with marty in goal, although i think that was just the way things worked out and doesnt have anything to do with who is playing goal.

I didn't pay too much attention to the 2nd one tonight, but Dallas really moving the puck around well and I had no problem with the first.

My main problem here is that you've made Biron out to be Satan. There is nothing he can do short of winning the Cup now that would change your opinion.

Hey, I'll admit I'm hard on the guy, but he doesn't have to win a cup to change my opinion. I have a long memory, and not easily convinced. Maybe he really has turned himself around. I'll be more convinced if he continues to play consistently. So, he's hot right now. Let's say Ruff sticks with him, and he has a rough night. His next start does he put up a good game again, or does he collapse and get ice cold? If he continues to play consistently, I will be convinced.

And I'll admit, I'm biased because I'm a big Miller fan. I think he is going to have a great career, and I'd rather not see what happened to Mika happen to him.

that is just ridiculous, of course everyone would like it if magically the team played better than it has the last 15 or so games, but what makes you think that putting miller in would do that, in my opinion marty has played just as well or better than miller did during the beginning of the season, and I think in general, the team has played better with marty in goal, although i think that was just the way things worked out and doesnt have anything to do with who is playing goal.

I'm not suggesting that the team is going to "magically play better." I agree with you that the team is playing better now than it did in front of Miller at the beginning of the year, which I think has nothing to do with who is between the pipes, I think the rest of the team is just clicking. And I think Miller is the better goalie. So that leads me to the conclusion that the team is better with Miller playing than Biron. You may disagree with me, but that doesn't make my opinion ridiculious.

Props to the Sabres for an exciting game...TSN was giving lots of love.  And the house totaled 16,000+.  We are now 10 games over .500...when is the last time that happened?  Anyone have a yearbook to check?

You don't need a yearbook to figure it out. They finished '00-'01 with 98 points. They've hovered around 0.500 since.

Hey, I'll admit I'm hard on the guy, but he doesn't have to win a cup to change my opinion. I have a long memory, and not easily convinced. Maybe he really has turned himself around. I'll be more convinced if he continues to play consistently. So, he's hot right now. Let's say Ruff sticks with him, and he has a rough night. His next start does he put up a good game again, or does he collapse and get ice cold? If he continues to play consistently, I will be convinced.

And I'll admit, I'm biased because I'm a big Miller fan. I think he is going to have a great career, and I'd rather not see what happened to Mika happen to him.

Here's one thing that says a lot to me about Marty right now. Look at the names of the last two goalies who won 10 and 11 consecutive starts: Hasek and Brodeur. Marty's in good company right now. He may or may not keep playing at this level, but the main difference between this year and the last 3 is that we have a good team. We don't need Marty to perform at this level to win most games (but it sure does help).

Miller is the future. I don't think there's any question about that. Right now, I think it's in the team's best interest to keep Marty this year. People are about to start seriously talking about this team being a contender, and I don't know if a rookie goalie will be able to carry the load. I think that Marty and Mika will both be gone in the next 2-3 years, but for at least this year, Marty has earned the right to be able to try to carry this team.

Here's one thing that says a lot to me about Marty right now. Look at the names of the last two goalies who won 10 and 11 consecutive starts: Hasek and Brodeur. Marty's in good company right now. He may or may not keep playing at this level, but the main difference between this year and the last 3 is that we have a good team. We don't need Marty to perform at this level to win most games (but it sure does help).

Miller is the future. I don't think there's any question about that. Right now, I think it's in the team's best interest to keep Marty this year. People are about to start seriously talking about this team being a contender, and I don't know if a rookie goalie will be able to carry the load. I think that Marty and Mika will both be gone in the next 2-3 years, but for at least this year, Marty has earned the right to be able to try to carry this team.

The reason I'm not convinced, is that I've seen Biron go on these streaks before, and yet return to his unfocused ways again and again.

We'll just have to see whether or not this is another of these streaks, or whether he's finally realized the season starts in October, and not late January.

Give credit where credit is due - sure - but you can't blame people for being a little sceptical.