GAME THREAD

Corp000085

i can't wait for 7:00 to roll around... or even 5:30 cause then i'm out of the office

i honestly haven't gotten this excited to listen to sabres games on the net in years. they've finally given me something to get excited about. then next friday, i'll be there in tampa to see them for the first time in 3 years. i can't frickin wait! :D

Go Sabres! NHL.com is hinting that the Sabres will win; they say Biron has won his last 11 games. I'll accept that. I'm going out on a limb here and say Vanek gets two assists. The only foundation I have to base this on as that after this game in my NHL06 season, he had 6 goals and 16 assists. Hey, it's pretty close to real life.

Not being able to watch the game is torture, they're doing so well I don't want to miss any of the action....but c'est la vie....I can't believe it's even blacked out on Center Ice!

Gotta let Marty see those shots from Modano....he has some wicked shots

Is everyone happy with the current line combo's:

Kotalik-Briere-Connolly

Vanek-Roy-Afinogenov

Grier-Drury-Hecht

Mair-Gaustad- Pominville

Mckee-Fitzpatrick

Lydman-Tallinder

Numminen-Campbell

I like them for the most part. I might want to switch up Grier and Pominville. I think their is an interesting dynamic on the backend, pairing one good D with one not so good D man.

2 thoughts...

1. Is Roy getting double shifted? Right after his goal he was out there with Vanek and Max.

2. The "shoot it" people that drive me crazy our back...They were just yelling for the pointman to shoot it on the delayed penalty. Yeah great idea, shoot it with a defenseman right in the shooting lane rather than pass it to Kotalik for a wide open one timer.