Teppo's nether region

PASabreFan

Back to reality from our hockey reverie. Anyone worried about the old dude's groin? According to WGR, he tweaked the groin against the Flyers and missed practice today but will play tomorrow night. See the link on Sabres Report. Is he going to hold up?

Back to reality from our hockey reverie. Anyone worried about the old dude's groin? According to WGR, he tweaked the groin against the Flyers and missed practice today but will play tomorrow night. See the link on Sabres Report. Is he going to hold up?

It's a sore muscle. Not really time to hit the panic button yet.

I assume he won't make it to the playoffs this year. Somewhere along the way he'll fall apart.

Or to word it differently...

I'll be suprised if Teppo's health makes it to the end of our playoff run.

Why? This year is so much different than last year. Sure Teppo's a year older...but he doesn't have the Olympics this year, followed by a insane March schedule to make up for the time missed in the Olympics.

I assume he won't make it to the playoffs this year. Somewhere along the way he'll fall apart.

Or to word it differently...

I'll be suprised if Teppo's health makes it to the end of our playoff run.

There is this guy named Nathan Paetsch that could use some ice time right about now. ;)

There is this guy named Nathan Paetsch that could use some ice time right about now. ;)

lol .. i love that avatar.

i mean that might be the best avatar ever.

thats all.

can't back myself up on the Teppo thing, it's just my (opinion/hunch/feeling) -- pick a word.

I agree with Corp, I think Lindy will be careful with him if he has to be ... he did it with Jimmy Patrick in his last two seasons, playing him just enough to keep him sharp for the stretch run and the playoffs. It just doesn't look like Teppo is at that point in his career yet, and if he was i don't think they would have given him as much money as they did for this season.

All that said, Paetsch getting some ice time would not be the end of the world.

I really don't expect Teppo to play every night. We'll have to start getting Paetsch some games. I don't really see how it's a problem.

I expect Teppo to leave (or retire?) after this season and Paetsch to take his place full time next season.

I'm not worried about him holding up or getting old.

I think Teppo has a few years left in him.

He doesn't need to log 25 min a game - he just has to play a solid 17 and he was never overly physical, just physical enough.

Archived