The Official Peters almost scored thread.

gregkash

I lived in Detroit when McCarty became a presence there. Certainly he has a longer track record than Peters. Certainly he has more skilz than Peters. But he was always on the checking line with Drapes and Maltby. The whole line was proud of their roles as "Grinders". That was their mission, same as Peters.

Isn't that pretty much what the Mair, Gaustad, Peters line is in Buffalo? The Grinders?

Hey DeLuca, it should be "Sabre Fans are smarter thAn Bills fans." :rolleyes:

:lol:

Thanks for getting the joke. It's always funny to read posters that think they are the first to notice. Most send me a PM. :lol: :o :lol:

I lived in Detroit when McCarty became a presence there. Certainly he has a longer track record than Peters. Certainly he has more skilz than Peters. But he was always on the checking line with Drapes and Maltby. The whole line was proud of their roles as "Grinders". That was their mission, same as Peters.

I remember watching the goal I referred to earlier. Imagine Peters putting on twice the moves Afenigenov did on his end-to-end rush and capping it off by hanging the goalie's jock strap from the scoreboard. That was pretty much McCarty's goal. And yes, McCarty has a similar style to Peters (or at least he did in those days).

I would love to have McCarty here instead of Peters.

I know you didn't mean to but you just made my point for me. You can have a tough "blue collar" type player that also has some skill. McCarty does all the things Peters trys to do and does them better. McCarty also doesn't hurt you if he plays a regular shift.

Peters can juice-up all he wants. He'll never be the player McCarty is.

Thanks for getting the joke. It's always funny to read posters that think they are the first to notice. Most send me a PM. :lol: :o :lol:

I would love to have McCarty here instead of Peters.

I know you didn't mean to but you just made my point for me. You can have a tough "blue collar" type player that also has some skill. McCarty does all the things Peters trys to do and does them better. McCarty also doesn't hurt you if he plays a regular shift.

Peters can juice-up all he wants. He'll never be the player McCarty is.

DeLuca, nothing will change your mind about Peters. It doesn't matter if he obtained Max's speed and finesse. You're always going to bloody rag and whine about him.

Archived