Great game!

Eric in Akron

Great game tonight, if you're a Sabres fan. I love how this team looks when their heads are 100% into the game.

I am not happy with the fans at the game! A Sabre scores a hat trick (let alone the first of his career) and NO HATS!!!??? Shame... Shame... Shame... It makes us look like ignorant fans! Ugh.

Anywho... Here's to 5-0 and finally dominating a game! Cheers!

I am not happy with the fans at the game! A Sabre scores a hat trick (let alone the first of his career) and NO HATS!!!??? Shame... Shame... Shame... It makes us look like ignorant fans! Ugh.

If you just bought a sluggalo hat two weeks ago, would you throw yours down on the ice so that you could line right up and spend another $25 to replace it?

Even worse, would you want to throw your Angry Goat hat because now you can't get them anymore?

I was at the game. You didn't know exactly who scored it until the replay, which came after play had resumed. Drury slid down and was obstructed from view. I'm pretty sure that the NHL looks down upon you throwing hats while the play's going on.

I was at the game. You didn't know exactly who scored it until the replay, which came after play had resumed. Drury slid down and was obstructed from view. I'm pretty sure that the NHL looks down upon you throwing hats while the play's going on.

I figured that may have been the case.

And that brings up another point... Why do the Sabres wait so long before announcing the goal. RJ was able to state it on air seconds after it happened. Other arenas will announce goals quickly and will announce a correction if in err.

Yeah let's cut people some slack, that building would have been half empty in many cities. The crowd was very into it and got some loud chants going.

BINGO. I was surprised so many were able to make it to the arena, given the weather situation from the last few days.

BINGO. I was surprised so many were able to make it to the arena, given the weather situation from the last few days.

The roads were fine. Dry pavement, only saw one traffic light out.

If I didn't have power, I'd have rather been at the rink than sitting in a cold dark house.

They might have been fine in regards to snow, but there were/are still a lot of trees down, still thousands of people without power, and threats of flash flooding, among other concerns. Point is it would have been very easy for many of the 18,690 to stay home and deal with the cleanup and other problems, so the Sabres should be glad they had a packed house to watch them smack the Rangers.

Archived