Buccigross on the new logo

fushetti

The most B.S. statement that has been made is that the logo will affect the on ice play of the team.

Wasn't the person who made that statement an 18-year NHL veteran defenseman? Just asking... :P

No kidding. Let the logo thing go. If you were to get out of Mommie's basement once in a while you'd realize that most fans are enjoying the 3-0 start. If the Sabres win it all, it will be clucks like you who'll post such idiotic rants as "What an embarrassment. The new logo looked horrible as it was being worn by the guys skating around with the Stanley Cup!!!" GET OVER IT.

Another nominee for the SabreSpace.com BS Post Hall of Shame... <_<

Actually, now that I think about it, that makes three BS posts in one thread. We're really knocking them out this week, aren't we? (Bmwolf21 is now looking through the schedule and praying there isn't another 5-6 day layoff between games...)

Where did you find that Quinn headed up (or was entirely in charge of) the uniform re-design? Everyone puts the full blame on Quinn for this like he drew up the design himself. TG owns the team, don't you think he has a big say in what is approved? Quinn could just be the figure head who has to go out to the public and push this item on them.

Quinn is the man Golisano hired to run and oversee the operation and therefore he should take full blame for this uniform fiasco. As far as Quinn being a figure head who has to deal with the media, I wish I never see his mug on TV again. I believe he is a media hound who adores every minute of air time he gets.

I think as you see the Sabres to continue to win and win and win that people will ultimately want to be a part of it and buy the merchandise. Honestly, seeing the Sabres on the ice and winning on television has the jersey and logo growing on me. I think we should have fun with it. I really think if people jumped on the "YOU GOT SLUGGED" chant bandwagon that it could be on the same line of fun that people have had with the last logo by calling it the angry goat head.

I don't see how buying the merchandise "makes you a part of it." I know you're not saying that's what you think yourself, but I am saying in general if someone agrees with that, it's just stupid. You don't have to buy anything to support the team, you either like the team or you don't. I'll never buy anything with that crap logo on it, but I still follow the team.

Wasn't the person who made that statement an 18-year NHL veteran defenseman? Just asking... :P

Actually, his comment had nothing to do with the logo, it was the jersey design. It had to do with the sleves of the jersey being a different color then the jersey (or something like that) But way to twist it so it supports you and your hatred of the logo.

And if an 18 year NHL vet is saying that A logo design affects the teams play on the ice, I think its time he hung up the skates for good.

I don't see how buying the merchandise "makes you a part of it." I know you're not saying that's what you think yourself, but I am saying in general if someone agrees with that, it's just stupid. You don't have to buy anything to support the team, you either like the team or you don't. I'll never buy anything with that crap logo on it, but I still follow the team.

Lots of people do. Do you live in the Buffalo area? How often do you see Sabres gear or t-shirts in a store like Wegmans? Never...but during the playoff run, at least at my Wegmans, when you walked into the store they had a full stand of Sabres merch including mugs, flags, pennants, and playoff t-shirts. And people were eating that stuff up. They wanted to be a part of the buzz, and I don't think that makes these people stupid. Sure, they may be hopping on the bandwagon, but I say the more the merrier.

Actually, his comment had nothing to do with the logo, it was the jersey design. It had to do with the sleves of the jersey being a different color then the jersey (or something like that) But way to twist it so it supports you and your hatred of the logo.

And if an 18 year NHL vet is saying that A logo design affects the teams play on the ice, I think its time he hung up the skates for good.

You need to unbunch your panties and realize that IT WAS A JOKE. That's why there was a little smiley there at the end. I dunno, maybe its my fault - maybe I used the wrong smiley - mods, can we get a pinned thread that explains what each smiley should be used for? :lol:

To my knowledge I haven't made any statements that the slug will affect their play, nor have I seen any serious posts suggesting that either. What I have seen is a couple people alluding to the idea that if we don't support the team and the logo, the players' morale will be affected by it.

You are right on one thing - I, like others here, DO hate the logo as our primary emblem. That doesn't mean we can't poke fun at it from time to time without it being a full-on bashing....

For the record, at this point I would be thrilled if the Sabres would flip-flop the slug and the alternate "B"/sabre through it (my avatar)...I could even deal with the slug as our alternate jersey logo, provided we get a better regular logo...

You need to unbunch your panties and realize that IT WAS A JOKE. That's why there was a little smiley there at the end. I dunno, maybe its my fault - maybe I used the wrong smiley - mods, can we get a pinned thread that explains what each smiley should be used for? :lol:

To my knowledge I haven't made any statements that the slug will affect their play, nor have I seen any serious posts suggesting that either. What I have seen is a couple people alluding to the idea that if we don't support the team and the logo, the players' morale will be affected by it.

You are right on one thing - I, like others here, DO hate the logo as our primary emblem. That doesn't mean we can't poke fun at it from time to time without it being a full-on bashing....

For the record, at this point I would be thrilled if the Sabres would flip-flop the slug and the alternate "B"/sabre through it (my avatar)...I could even deal with the slug as our alternate jersey logo, provided we get a better regular logo...

I know it was a joke, I saw the smiley

I don't take message on a internet message board seriously

Archived