Non "sluglover" response

SabresFan in Texas

Look for all those that you feel will be pissed off because of another non slug lover comment tell them to look and support the Santa Cruz University Bananna Slugs... For all you few complaining BS "slug lovers" who are tired of reading the many BS non slug lovers forms or what the real BS majority feel (don't read this... it's too long and doesn't support your view!)

BS: Sabres Fan in Texas!

Plead from Texas: Please do us (almost all) Sabres Fans (not counting the 34 Slug lovers... who have expessed their happiness via email over there new dream blue/gold yellow smear and have bent over and showed their unhappiness too most of us fans who don't feel the same way they do over their new unsupported slug logo) a favor and request like the majority... to submit a NHL waiver and redo the "slug logo" in less than 2-years... I don't mean to show any disrespect to all those other 53 people who didn't like the Buffalo Head... "aka... the Goat head"... but feel those unfortuniate few who couldn't get over the red, silver, & black, "Goat Head", or those who who didnt previously know what a slug was or would become over the last 10 yrs or those few today I have found to know how to bend over... you may have all gotten a little wish for the complaining, venting, whining, or not knowing what was really to come (from BS) and have dreamed of or wished for somekind of change... aka... this new mistake/stain/slug/hairpeice/smear/buffalo think with no legs, or what ever joke that is being said today worldwide... I know I'm down here 1,500 miles away from Buffalo and have started to hear about this thing everyday. I personally was thrilled the Sabres were going back to the "Blue & Gold". However have become very disappointed (and the more I see it... this unfortunaite logo) and a little fact that there is no Sabres on the "chest logo" and that a apprentice logo maker somewhere outside Buffalo decision to only place a four inch sabre covered by more than half with a the "B" (go Sa"big B"res) on the shoulder to represent the our "Buffalo Sabres". That should have been our "Goat Head on the shoulder for the "historical" purposes that has been mentioned and justified by the Sabres organization... sorry goat head dislikers.. you got your wish... a yellow smear/slug thing... uh thanks for your support... please... be careful what you wish for in the future... please... review and look at the "Genie in the bottle jokes" next time beore you complain. That logo the "Buffalo Head" and our Bufalo Sabres original logo devised in the 60/70s, now I'm afraid may be the "new" temporary third logo until the slug matures into a...? "bigger slug" The last two logos really distinguished really who "Buffalo" and the "Sabres" were... without question... worldwide as I know by traveling much, people knew by the look alone (original ot "Buffalo Head" that was the "Buffalo Sabres", even if they didn't truly understand the NHL/ice hockey or follow the sport what so ever. I look at this today and cannot believe out of all the possible logos; Rebook and the Sabres organization came up from the 80 new logos mentioned by the organization, NHL, the Reebok Company that they chose an upside down "Nikey" swish/slug/hairpeice/smire as our new logo look? Many people worldwide, stateside, and Canada do not understand or see what it represents as I've read over and over on the intranet. How could this new logo have been really chosen? I could sneeze and have something more recognizable show up on my hand/palm that resembles a Buffalo Sabre. Please from a Fan now living in the south being stationed in the military and further south than the (so called) Atlanta Firm that contributed to this new look... and really got paid royally. The Sabres could have saved money if they just asked the Fans. I'm sensing that the firm maybe recent Atlanta Fans trying to show that thier logo is not the worst in the league; know they are saying "look at the Buffalo Sabres; Atlanta fans ours is not the worst in the League, look at the Buffalo Sabres... aka Slugs/Stains/Smears/Hairpeices/banannas! We pulled it off! I believe not knowing what hockey was/is all about as noted by the image of the hometown Atlanta Thrashers logo, what does it represent? Our new sabres logo is now know a symbol in the same category. Logo approval authority (who ever may have been assigned the task) did not even ask the Fans of Buffalo? What the Fans really felt about what was going to represent the City of Buffalo for years, before the "slug look" and this misfortuniate final decision was made. Personelly I can only imagine they ask somebody with a few beers in em... probably at a bar somewhere after 2 am. Why do I say that? I was drinking last weekend (more than I have in a few years and possbile over this and low in bewholed the more beers in me... the "prettier" it look. Oh, that was right before I got sick and really could see the new Sabres logo on my bathroom floor. There is a link; drink and you will appreciate it more. Fans are still learning about hockey in the South... I know from living in Texas. Go Dallas... NOT! They are just figuring out what the thing was they won in 1999 by default aka... "No Goal". As we all have seen in Carolina... aka 2006 as well... they are still figuring it out how it works, as newly dedicated fans of the stabbed in the back and heartbroken fans of the still well thought of "Hartford Whalers, is it spelled (been there just can't remember "Relaigh" (North or South, Carolina) is still working on the "icing" part of the game, and making it to the rink on time for the playoffs. People make mistakes it's human nature, we all learn. With the 100+ "slug logo's" in stock @ HSBC and sold on that Saturday during the unveiling; over 200... O.K I'll make it 300 this week to be fair) preordered over the intranet? And they "happy to glad press releases" from the BS Sabres Organization... Reality will show in time; there will only be a few thousand sold. Which is not a real loss for the Sabres organization at this time (with the smoke screen and "outstanding "Gorilla campign" the Sabres & and a couple of few slug lovers who are are so pleased over all this and couldn't have ask for more Buffalo Sabres (aka BS!)... don't be fooled, we still have time to recover... that's less than 10% of new jersey purchases of members who signed the petitions alone ... you got the a few young fans and bend overs in Western New York who don't know any better! One out of three individuals who like the logo, even love it or may be just starting to say it due to not seeing another choice in the near future and have just giving up... "lets all love the slug"... your in control BS. For the Sabres Organization (BS) it was a valid try when you were riding high as we the fans were. All right, you may have started the mistake 1-2 years ago with new (THANK GOD) ownership... but it's not to late to fix and give such a great team something awesome for the city of Buffalo and your Sabres fans... a real logo, a blue and gold "goat head" or a new version of the original logo's tht has been seen by many over the intranet except BS organization. Lets not make like the fisherman on the other side of NY state or do better. You BS have really only gotten away with this only because people are so passionate, finally have a winning team/record again by just coming off a great run in the playoffs... god it was great to see again! There is hope still. Would you have done this "Slugish logo" 2-3 years ago... I don't think so! Our team would have been moved/relocated for sure. I'd give for free the many awesome logo's advertized by our ordinary fans/artists as reviewed over the intranet; many symbols/logos that shoud have reflected the Buffalo Sabres for years to come not just a few years as this one will... a true symbol/logo that distinguishes and shows were the Buffalo Sabres really could have come from for free and with those Reebok savings we just paid; we probably could have kept J.P/McGee. Waivers are made to correct problems or the word wouldn't exist in the dictionary... even a logo problem. A lack of jersey sales probable after the "initial little rush for something new to wear and most Buffalo fans realize today wasn't what we were really hoping for or will buy long term. Really, I forgive anyone who chose the logo from the 80+ reviewed... were human. The slug logo doesn't/and won't work long term, to thier Reebok hockey credit, the color sceme may help us recover after the "slug" is replaced and buy reviewing the internation responses showing 3 to 1 dislike and really do not understand "this logo" and are somewhat confused/disguisted/surprised/shocked and wonder what the Fudge (didn't use the real word) is over this new logo. It takes someone strong to admit a mistake has been made don't pretend it's really not thier (no discontent) and sales are out the window with our new cool logos and jerseys that everyone loves or is starting to like this aka... slugish thing or Buffalo head yellow smear without legs mistake. With that many would respect and appreciate those (in the Buffalo (BS) Sabres Organization leadership) who can really admit a little error in judgement may have been made. If fixed now it will be forgotten in a moments time, next year no one well remember the slug glitch, please admit it and fix it. I can't imagine seeing the slug/hairpeice for another for 2-3 years on ESPN, OLN (verses), NHL.com, local/national sports channels, and possible the Stanley Cup banners/T-shirts. Don't do that to us none Slug lovers... Awesome 1st preseason game Buffalo 4-0 against Toronto! Remember it's only preseason with loss to Columbus....4 to 1 and 4-3 win over Ottawa.... GO SABRES... GO BUFFALO... GO SLUGS???? IN 2007! Sabres Always... logo will change in the future mark my word! --Sabres Fan living in Texas! For you slug lovers I told you not to read For all you few complaining "slug lovers" who are tired of reading so many non slug lovers or what the majority feel doesn't support your view!... still bet some one complains about another non slug loving logo! Yes, I might be a week late in submitting my response... but better late than never, plus took awhile to get down here in South Texas! Maybe some say I should stay in Texas and start loving the Stars logo..... noooooo fudgin (didn't use the real word) way! Born and raised in South Buffalo, New York and will never forget where I came from! Proud to serve in the US military and being from South Buffalo! Lets never forget!

For all you few complaining "slug lovers" who are tired of reading so many non slug lovers or what the majority feel (don't read this... it's too long and doesn't support your view!)

Yeah - what he said!

Seriously - that's the longest post I've ever seen.

Can Admin verify if it's the county fair winner for length?

Good on ya Sabres Fan in Texas for letting it all out - we should get together and watch some games...

from another Sabres fan living in the Lone Star State

Yeah - what he said!

Seriously - that's the longest post I've ever seen.

Can Admin verify if it's the county fair winner for length?

Good on ya Sabres Fan in Texas for letting it all out - we should get together and watch some games...

from another Sabres fan living in the Lone Star State

Apologize for the length.. I've just bee reading and seeing this slug for two weeks... It built up had to let it outQ

Good points (I think...) and that might have been the longest post I have ever seen.

FWIW, I don't think there are that many pro-"slug" fans out there - most of the posters on this board who have complained about us anti-slug fans are in the "who cares what they wear, let's worry about how the team plays" camp. Offline, I think there are those who fall into that group, and those who fall into these camps: the "I've gotta wear exactly what the team wears or I am not a real fan;" the "I've gotta be the first one in my school/neighborhood/hockey team to have the new jersey;" and the "its new, so I am going to get it, no matter how bad it looks..." But I still think the anti-slug movement is strong, and it will all come down to how well the merchandise sells...

BTW, round these parts the unofficial term for the slug is the abominable snot smear, or A.S.S. for short...

Finally, and most importantly -- thanks for your service in the military. Without men & women like you, we wouldn't have the freedom to do things like come onto a message board and complain about something as insiginficant (in the big picture) as a hockey logo.

Couple reponses:

Barabov Sorry about the length had to let it out... I'll shorten in down next time ot in the future

LabattBlue I'll work on paragraphs and not use the "..." as noted; on another reponse.. Thanks

Bmwof21: You more than welcome! I'm proud to serve on behalf of eveyone in the US; even if some do not agree... and do appreciate the fact you noted what I stated in the middle of all that I had written and reponded to end your reply.. thanking me for being in the military; I wish more would understand how lucky we all are here in the US--unless you've truly seen it or lived it outside of our borders/overseas it may be hard to understand... and many don't. Luckly I've seen it and appreciate the little things in life you noted.

A.S.S. has now been added to my list

CzechMate 39 New phrase I'll need to look up... "Pyrite Gal-esque"

SabresFanInTexas... didnt realize it was being used... how about I change my name to SabredFanInsouth Texas...

PASabresFan, no sorry it not Marty... but he must be a pretty cool guy to be think it might be him

Southern Sabres I'm down here in San Antonio... I'd be glad to watch a game with a Sabres fan... I'll even buy the first beer.. .

Well I am not from a completely gung-ho military family, my father served in the Air Force, my uncle made a career out of the Navy, my brother is a reservist with the AF, and I have a couple friends and co-workers who served in the current conflict in Iraq, one who came home missing part of his leg...so I can somewhat understand the sacrifices you guys make. Anyway thanks for all you have done & currently do, and welcome to the board...don't let some of the pro-slug guys scare you off!

That's alright with me... to be honest never felt that I'd ever join the military.. my family has a miltary back ground as well Dad, Grandfather, Brother have all served in the USAF and Navy... But I have never regreted one minute for that one chice to go and ry someting new and see the world...but there is much more out there I know it's been 16+ years and I'm still glad I have experienced reality good or bad... and have grown up to see and appreciate what individals sacrafice... proud to know you, your family, and your close friend that has given..... so much more than most... been to the middle east three times and am luckly still in one peice, sitting here writting about my hometown hockey team "Sabres" bad logo or not Tell your friend Thanks from me! For everything he has given up... it is not forgotten by all! I respect him just knowing of about him over this email!

Can't foget to mention the Sabres... but like you said earlier... there is bigger things to think about!

Another Sabres fan in Texas checking in. I'm in Fort Worth, the backyard of Dallas. Sports here just about kills me, having to listen to reports about the Cowboys and Stars all the time.

However, I did get an interesting insight.... I was on a plane flight to DFW Airport with Brett Hull in 2000, shortly after the Stars were eliminated. I recognized him when he got on, but didn't get a chance to speak to him on the plane. As he was in Seat 1A in First Class and I was back in Coach, I wasn't going up to him and bend his ear. When the plane landed, he was one of the first off.

I figured that was that, but then I caught up to him in baggage claim, and since he was obviously sitting there with nothing to do, I decided to strike up a conversation:

Me: You're Brett Hull, aren't you?

BH: Yeah.

Me: Sorry about the playoff loss this year; I thought the fans showed more class in defeat than they did in victory last year.

BH: Yeah, they're finally starting to learn the game here.

Me: About the Cup last year...

BH: Oh... The Goal? That was strange. It's my job to put it in the net, and I did. The officials called it a goal, so I guess it was, but.... would you believe I *still* catch sh!t for that goal? I'll be lined up next to someone waiting for a faceoff, and the other guy will be all 'That was no goal, you know!' Sheesh.

Me: Hey, I wasn't expecting to run into you, but since we're here, could I get your autograph... for my nephew? He plays hockey. Would you mind signing your boarding pass?

BH: Sure! What's his name?

Me: Matt

(Hull signs: "Matt- Good luck in hockey, Brett Hull")

Me: Thanks! He'll really appreciate this when I take it up to him in Buffalo this summer!

(Hull gave me one of those trademark grins as I slid away.)

All in all, he was a pretty regular guy.

That was a cool thing to read about your conversation with Brett Hull. I like what he said about the officials being the ones making the call - I think Bettman had an online date scheduled or something and needed the game to get wrapped up.

Hull has always been one of my favorite people in hockey despite killing me in 99.

Know what you mean about hating to watch sports in DFW - just got out of there and down to a less partisan part of Texas. I had the painful experience of watching a Buffalo - Dallas Super Bowl at a party I threw at my place where lots of Cowboys fans turned up.

Oh well, when the Sabres hoist Stanley this year, all the pain & neurosis that comes from being a Buffalo sports fan will be gone forever (even the SuperBowls, No Goal & last years Game 7).

Too bad Texas is so ridiculously big or we could all get together regularly to watch some Sabres games.

Yeah.... still, I bet as the forum becomes better known, there will be opportunities for that kind of thing. I belong to a forum for my car (a Hyundai Elantra; don't laugh) and would you believe we draw as many as two dozen owners for local meets? Who'da thunk it?

Anyway, once we get up to a couple thousand posters or so, I bet there will be more opportunities for game watching parties and such.

Archived