Just Imagine For A Second

bob_sauve28

All scoring over 25 goals ths season. Wadda ya think? I think it's realistic and that would mean with all the other scorers we have, Bffalo could be one of the highest scoring teams in the league. I'm getting excited.

Go Sabres! :)

I hope that's the case. These guys will play a huge part in the Sabres taking the next step. If they continue to improve, Ruff will be able to continue rolling four lines, and will create the same matchup problems for opposing teams as he did last season. They all appear to be having a good preseason, so I'm excited about the upcoming season too.

I can see the Sabres again having the most double digit scorers in the league. The biggest thing that needs improvement is not being able to put 5 goals in each game, it's getting every guy committed to playing solid defence.

here are some stats from last season

drury: 67 pts; -11

kotalik: 62 pts; -3

vanek: 48 pts; -11

campbell: 44pts; -14

I think that they became much more aware of this in the playoffs as the worst plus minus rating is campbell at -5. If Buffalo can commit to playing lockdown defense on every shift and still get 40+ shots on goal each game, I think that this team can finish head and shoulders above the rest. The Sabres gave up 234 goals last year... if that number can be cut down to about 195-200 while keeping the scoring about the 275+ mark, will make this an excellent season. I think that those numbers are attainable with the progression this team has shown not only during the regular season and playoffs last year, but the preseason this year. We'll just have to see how everything turns out.

I can see the Sabres again having the most double digit scorers in the league. The biggest thing that needs improvement is not being able to put 5 goals in each game, it's getting every guy committed to playing solid defence.

I think that they became much more aware of this in the playoffs as the worst plus minus rating is campbell at -5. If Buffalo can commit to playing lockdown defense on every shift and still get 40+ shots on goal each game, I think that this team can finish head and shoulders above the rest. The Sabres gave up 234 goals last year... if that number can be cut down to about 195-200 while keeping the scoring about the 275+ mark, will make this an excellent season. I think that those numbers are attainable with the progression this team has shown not only during the regular season and playoffs last year, but the preseason this year. We'll just have to see how everything turns out.

In order to have a defensive lockdown on every shift, the team is not going to be able to play as wide open of a style, which was one of the big factors in all of that offense.

This is kind of misleading..

All four of those players figured prominently into the power play, you don't get a +1 if you're on the ice during a goal for the power play, so really these numbers are skewed.... I'm pretty sure if there was a way to look up what their plus minus would be with the power play they'd all be plusses.

Last years goal totals:

THOMAS VANEK 25

DEREK ROY 18

JASON POMINVILLE 18

Not only would I expect 25 goals out of each, I think Vanek is capable of 40, Pominville 30. With the increased ice time for each player, these number should be approachable.

Vanek needs to get off to a quick start this year. He has always been a slow starter. If he can score a few early in the year, I think he is going to have a great year.

I didn't want to be the dick.

I had to do it. I really bugs me when fans can't spell the names of their team's players. Some names do get a free pass though (none on this team though).

Anyway, as for the original point, I expect Pominville and Vanek to exceed those numbers. I don't want to get greedy, but I think 30 is a safe bet for those two. I'll be happy with 20 from Roy. My guess is that he'll be playing on the Drury line, so there will be more a of a defense first style for them.

Archived