Hurricane 2000... LIVE?

cesna

Since Hurricane 2000 is the "unofficial song" of the Buffalo Sabres (of course Sabres Dance is the official) ... The team should see if the can get the Scorpions to perform it live before the home opener against the Canadiens!!!! That would be AMAZING!!!!! The song ROCKS!!!!

Since Hurricane 2000 is the "unofficial song" of the Buffalo Sabres (of course Sabres Dance is the official) ... The team should see if the can get the Scorpions to perform it live before the home opener against the Canadiens!!!! That would be AMAZING!!!!! The song ROCKS!!!!

I think the Scorpions can be found stuck in the 80s with Poison, Skid Row, and Def Leppard.

Haha you're right tho, that's a good effin song

Do scorpions eat slugs?

Leave that hurricane song to the no-deserving losers what beat us last year. (You want to talk stupid unis, what about that intimidating square design on the bottom of the jersey. Ooo-Ahh, squares on the war-path)

Play a song with mention of a buffalo in it. How 'bout "Buffalo Soldiers" by Bob Marley? Betcha never had that suggested before (sarcasm).

How about "I Will Refuse" by Pailhead? You'd have to cut and edit the song to make it intro-friendly, (it has a long build-up) but it rocks. I'm trying to think of a song that's not so obvious, that way it's the anthem of one team and one team only. Every idiot with an AM radio and the imagination of a script-writer from a reality TV show has jumped for joy at the revelation of "Rock You Like A Hurricane" being a great song for the pre-game intros.

Why not go out on a limb and pick "Back in Black" by AC-DC? How about "Jump Around" by House of Pain? Wow, I'm so go**amned creative. I should have been an artist. Hey wait, the ideas are coming too fast to capture...let's play "Brown-Eyed Girl" between face-offs, and maybe "Summer of '69" by Bryan Adams (don't know if you American folks have to hear that one as much as we do).

Let's see if Aerosmith can come play between periods with their special brand of sell-out rock. "Love in An Elevator"?!?! What a load of crap. That's quite possibly the worst "hit"song to be on FM radio in 20 years...Heart's "All I Want To Do Is Make Love To You" is of course neck and neck. (You remember that one, right? That's the one where her husband couldn't knock her up, so she picks up a hitch-hiker, bangs him, ditches him and then has his kid. Classic).

Uhh, I better stop now....I'm feeling that bad rage well up inside me.

Do scorpions eat slugs?

If they do, I'm all for keeping that song. ;) But I would add the Sabre Dance back to the intro as well.

Leave that hurricane song to the no-deserving losers what beat us last year. (You want to talk stupid unis, what about that intimidating square design on the bottom of the jersey. Ooo-Ahh, squares on the war-path)

Play a song with mention of a buffalo in it. How 'bout "Buffalo Soldiers" by Bob Marley? Betcha never had that suggested before (sarcasm).

How about "I Will Refuse" by Pailhead? You'd have to cut and edit the song to make it intro-friendly, (it has a long build-up) but it rocks. I'm trying to think of a song that's not so obvious, that way it's the anthem of one team and one team only. Every idiot with an AM radio and the imagination of a script-writer from a reality TV show has jumped for joy at the revelation of "Rock You Like A Hurricane" being a great song for the pre-game intros.

Why not go out on a limb and pick "Back in Black" by AC-DC? How about "Jump Around" by House of Pain? Wow, I'm so go**amned creative. I should have been an artist. Hey wait, the ideas are coming too fast to capture...let's play "Brown-Eyed Girl" between face-offs, and maybe "Summer of '69" by Bryan Adams (don't know if you American folks have to hear that one as much as we do).

Buffalo literally being a stone's throw from Canada has made it essentially the US capital of Canadian rock. We get the good (Rush, Triumph, Gowan, April Wine, Max Webster, The Kings, 54/40, Bruce Cockburn, BTO, etc.), the bad (Aldo Nova, Bryan Adams, etc.), and the ugly (Corey Hart, Loverboy, etc.). So, yes I have probably heard that song about 7,000 times. I've also heard the far superior Live version of Take Me Back that often as well.

Let's see if Aerosmith can come play between periods with their special brand of sell-out rock. "Love in An Elevator"?!?! What a load of crap. That's quite possibly the worst "hit"song to be on FM radio in 20 years...Heart's "All I Want To Do Is Make Love To You" is of course neck and neck. (You remember that one, right? That's the one where her husband couldn't knock her up, so she picks up a hitch-hiker, bangs him, ditches him and then has his kid. Classic).

Uhh, I better stop now....I'm feeling that bad rage well up inside me.

They need to play the intro from For Whom the Bell Tolls by Metallica. If that song doesn't pump you up, nothing will.

Yes, that would be awesome to hear as they are taking the ice to start a game, and it has that intimidation factor, much better then some p*ssy Europeans singing about how they are going to rock you like a hurricane with their 80' hair blowing in the wind and tight, painted on stretch pants

OH sorry, I guess I should have read every single post ever made so that I could make sure no one else said this. Silly me!

Seeing it was his member title for a while you wouldn't have to have read every post he has ever made.

By the way, the Sabres used the intro to Hurricane 2000 for most of the second half of last year. That is the song that leads into the TV broadcasts as well. I think it's a good intro as long as you cut it off before you can tell it's a new version of Rock you like a Hurricane (which they did all of last year).

How about the classic 'Cotton Eye Joe'? :lol:

The is no better opening to a song then U2's 'Streets Have No Names'. The way it builds is great for when the team hits the ice. And it fits. The Sabres are a team of no stars. ;)

Thats not bad, but I don't think it is one that gets the crowd fired up as much as something like for whom the Bell tolls. Either way its still better then Rock you like a hurricane for the Sabres

Seeing it was his member title for a while you wouldn't have to have read every post he has ever made.

By the way, the Sabres used the intro to Hurricane 2000 for most of the second half of last year. That is the song that leads into the TV broadcasts as well. I think it's a good intro as long as you cut it off before you can tell it's a new version of Rock you like a Hurricane (which they did all of last year).

Stop trying to justify your stupidity

umm... yeah. I think it seems very wrong to have hurricane 2000 as our theme song when we got knocked out of the playoffs by them. :blink: <_<

The Sabre Dance is eternally the Sabres Song

Thats not bad, but I don't think it is one that gets the crowd fired up as much as something like for whom the Bell tolls. Either way its still better then Rock you like a hurricane for the Sabres

It's hard to think of something new. Rush's 'Tom Sawyer' or even 'Sandman' are great songs but have been overdone.

Considering the teams payroll how about Pink Floyd's 'Money'.

Or

Something from a home town band like the Goo Goo Dolls? Or maybe a number performed by Lance Diamond? :rolleyes:

I LOVE the beginning of hurricane 2000. Considering it took me three months to figure out the name because not only am i stupid, but they always cut out before the words. If they didn't run any of the lyrics in the Sabres opening the name of the song would have no effect on me, besides i think it sounds terrible when they start singing....

Archived