A Day with the Stanley Cup

mrjsbu96

Obviously I would rather be reading how it got sent down the Falls or did a kegstand at the Barrel House on Chippewa in downtown Buffalo, but no matter whom you are a fan of, it is always cool to hear stories about the Cup!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/columns/stor...cott&id=2551241

...and how about that? It is not allowed to visit the 'ballet's?'

The stanley Cup is just so freaking awesome. I wouldn't get off my chair to go see a vince Lombardi trophy, or any other trophy in sports, but I'd pay to see the SC. Those were really great stories, that I wish were featuring Adam Mair and Jay McKee. Oh well.

Take Care,

Steve

"Sources tell ESPN.com only one player has ever had his stay with the Cup cut short because of inappropriate behavior. Detroit netminder Dominik Hasek, in spite of warnings, tossed the Cup into his pool in the Czech Republic. The Cup was fished out, dried off and taken away in the middle of the afternoon."

"Sources tell ESPN.com only one player has ever had his stay with the Cup cut short because of inappropriate behavior. Detroit netminder Dominik Hasek, in spite of warnings, tossed the Cup into his pool in the Czech Republic. The Cup was fished out, dried off and taken away in the middle of the afternoon."

I'm calling BS (not you, ESPN).

Lemieux famously sunk the SC in his pool. It makes little sense for the league to discipline Dom for doing the same, especially when the celebrations this past season supposedly resulted in the bowl getting cracked and having required repairs. I didn't hear of anyone losing his rights to "host" the SC due to that mishap.

I've also heard tales of far worse things happening to the Trophy than getting sunk in a pool.

Archived