The Buffalo Slugs

bottlecap

It just hit me.

That's what the new logo looks like. A slug.

And you know the fans in other cities are going to

pick up on it.

You don't want a uniform that other fans make fun of.

At this point, they'd be better off opening it up to the whole community

and having a logo contest.

It just hit me.

pick up on it.

You must know all about slugs, what with living under a rock like that...

It just hit me.

pick up on it.

Please, please, Gawd, make it stop....

OK, OK, people do not like the new logo; I understand that. I have always hated the Goat head.

But for the love of Pete, people, the selection of the new logo, as bad as it is, was not organized to be a personal insult to the sabres or their fans.... And do you really think that anyone else in the world is going to care about "the slug?" If we can talk about the Loafs and the Cryers, then we will survive possible jokes about the logo.

All the chest-thumping, "They ain't a-gonna make me like the slug" stuff needs to end, it is downright unhealthy. Forget the talk about this debate meaning people are living in the past... what it has become is a chance for so many people to act out their relentless negativity toward authority.... Larry Quinn is standing in for the fathers who didn't love us, the teachers who humiliated us... the bosses we are too scared to argue with.

Geez. Go on, hate the logo. But please, stop the madness...

Geez. Go on, hate the logo. But please, stop the madness...

**AMEN**

The moaners and Bi*c*ers are creating the worst buzz about this...of course others are going to pick up on it, as you all spend considerable and unhealthy time bemoaning this. Thank your lucky stars there is still a team in Western NY and be done with it!

It just hit me.

pick up on it.

Here are some other facts to bring you up to speed with the rest of us...

1. The world is round, not flat.

2. Water is wet.

3. We landed on the Moon.

2. Water is wet.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

classic... but the above reference to him living under a rock and knowing a lot about slugs was good too....

Forget the talk about this debate meaning people are living in the past... what it has become is a chance for so many people to act out their relentless negativity toward authority.... Larry Quinn is standing in for the fathers who didn't love us, the teachers who humiliated us... the bosses we are too scared to argue with.

Wow. That's pretty deep stuff for an internet message board about a hockey team...I guess I should be careful about what I post, lest it be psychoanalyzed...

Quick question, though (and I don't mean to drag the whole logo debate into yet another thread) but is is possible, that the people who hate it the most think that the franchise already screwed up once in the changing the colors/logo, and are pissed that its about to happen again? That we might have to wait 10 more years to "get it right?" Just wondering...

Wow. That's pretty deep stuff for an internet message board about a hockey team...I guess I should be careful about what I post, lest it be psychoanalyzed...

Quick question, though (and I don't mean to drag the whole logo debate into yet another thread) but is is possible, that the people who hate it the most think that the franchise already screwed up once in the changing the colors/logo, and are pissed that its about to happen again? That we might have to wait 10 more years to "get it right?" Just wondering...

Yeah, I may have gone a bit far there, but I do think that the extremes to which people have gone not only to express their displeasure about the logo but to impute base motives to LQ and co. ("they are dissin' the fans, man!!) suggest some pretty serious authority issues... Of course, what are sports for if not to allow us to channel our real world problems and concerns into less-serious areas...?

You may be onto something about the sense of hope and disappointment about the last jerseys. For me, who has always been someone who "rooted for the laundry," though, I could care less what the laundry actually looks like, as long as the team is from Buffalo. That's my personal neurosis, and I'm proud of it! :D

2. Water is wet.

I can't believe TM8-PL16 let this slide and gave it a laugh ... he's always yapping about how the moon landing was faked :blink: :unsure: ;)

Yeah, I may have gone a bit far there, but I do think that the extremes to which people have gone not only to express their displeasure about the logo but to impute base motives to LQ and co. ("they are dissin' the fans, man!!) suggest some pretty serious authority issues... Of course, what are sports for if not to allow us to channel our real world problems and concerns into less-serious areas...?

You may be onto something about the sense of hope and disappointment about the last jerseys. For me, who has always been someone who "rooted for the laundry," though, I could care less what the laundry actually looks like, as long as the team is from Buffalo. That's my personal neurosis, and I'm proud of it! :D

Fair enough - but as someone who also "roots for the laundry," I'd like the laundry to look a little respectable. ;)

Anyway, you're right - sports do give us the opportunity to channel real-world issues into less-serious areas - or forget those concerns altogether, for a just a few hours a week. Or in the case of some of us on sabresreport.com, damn near 24/7, but that's another story altogether.

Personally, I look at the team as a part of my family - just like I love my brothers, and will defend them to the death, I also won't shy away from calling it like it is - if my brothers act like idiots, or need a buttkicking, I'll let them know. Similarly, if my team, whether its players, management or ownership, is acting like a bunch of idiots, not listening to the rest of the "family" - then I feel we have a responsibility to let them know so they can prevent/correct mistakes like this one.

As long as the team is from Buffalo, I'll support them as much as possible - sans purchasing slug merchandise. Supporting WNY and Buffalo is something that gets in your blood, something people who haven't lived here can't quite understand. At least that's the impression I got from talking to the "natives" while living in Florida...

come on... I'm not "always yapping about how the moon landing was faked"... all I've said is "you need to look at the possibility"... and I REALLY TRUELY don't believe that it was faked, but I think everyone should always question things like this (especially items that the goverment puts forth for a purpose to show how much better we are than the communists)

but I did watch a cool show on the Discovery channel the other night about all the things that went wrong with that space flight and the several moments that almost stopped it from happening and how actually they got "lucky" so to speak that things went the way they did....

anyway, slug logo sucks and that is the point here....

come on... I'm not "always yapping about how the moon landing was faked"... all I've said is "you need to look at the possibility"... and I REALLY TRUELY don't believe that it was faked, but I think everyone should always question things like this (especially items that the goverment puts forth for a purpose to show how much better we are than the communists)

but I did watch a cool show on the Discovery channel the other night about all the things that went wrong with that space flight and the several moments that almost stopped it from happening and how actually they got "lucky" so to speak that things went the way they did....

anyway, slug logo sucks and that is the point here....

I was wondering why BtP got so ticked about my logo marketing theories. <_<

It's all becoming clear now... :P

It just hit me.

pick up on it.

According to the Anaheim Ducks June 22 press release, "The new look and identity of the Ducks were a collaborative effort, mixing opinions of fans as well as Ducks players, ownership and management. After sports branding firm, Frederick & Froberg Design Office developed dozens of concepts in an exploratory design phase, all parties involved unanimously decided to go beyond simply altering the original concept of an aggressive duck character."

The Buffalo hockey club got the nickname "Sabres" as a result of a fan contest. If there was a tradition to be followed, the team should have at least asked a few long-time season ticket holders for input on the final design. Instead, we have "Logo-gate". Go figure....

-Ed <_<

I was wondering why BtP got so ticked about my logo marketing theories. <_<

It's all becoming clear now... :P

:D

Hey, relatively speaking, since I have never really heard anyone else question the moon landing, mentioning it twice is "always yapping!" It's like when some guys scores 3 goals in a soccer season ... no one else is scoring, so that guy is always scoring!

I was kidding, sorry if I made my bro look like Mel Gibson in Conspiracy Theory. ;)

Archived