Logo outcry typifies Buffalo's "Lost in Past" mindset

LexLuthor871

I didn't read every post here, so I may be repeating, and if I am.. eh who cares just dont read it...

Interesting that you start a post with this comment and then spend another 8 paragraphs berating other posters for thier comments in response.

If you did not read them, how do you know what the people responded with?

See I hate it when SOME of you idiots do this... someone comes on here and tries to make a good point, because really his point is interesting... you dont have to agree with it, but its interesting none the less and should spawn an interesting conversation. But making a point like this gets you scoulded for 2 pages by by some of you...

I have read all the posts on here and it seems to me that no one "scoulded [sic]" the originator of this thread, but gave thier opinions on the topic started. One person called him a "dope," yes, but even he made his point and opinion clear.

You, on the other hand, are guilty of doing exactly what you accused the responders of doing. You admitted you were bitter about the reception of your posts here from a year ago(!) and that you were venting it now because of this thread.

Take a deep breath and read the posts. Feel free to post your opinions as the rest on this thread did. Contrary opinions do not mean fellow posters are belittling, berating or "scoulding [sic]" you. It just means they don't all agree with you.

Paraphrase? The logo is a pimple, just a small blemish on the graphic identity of the team. Makes no sense. The logo is the identity. And it's bad. That's really the starting point of this whole debate. As an aside, is anyone else suspicious that this log was designed by a... a... woman? It has some of the telltale signs.

Paraphrase? The logo is a pimple, just a small blemish on the graphic identity of the team. Makes no sense. The logo is the identity. And it's bad. That's really the starting point of this whole debate. As an aside, is anyone else suspicious that this log was designed by a... a... woman? It has some of the telltale signs.

Oh goodness gracious... a nasty ol' cootie carrier responsible for designing the logo for our he-man hockey team.....

I think the slug debate has officially slid into self-parody.

I didn't read every post here, so I may be repeating, and if I am.. eh who cares just dont read it...

First off, the celcius logo... it is the old logo. A lot of you support Slabyk, I like the design don't get me wrong, but it is literally the old logo slightly moderized... big whoop. Slabyk's design is not progressive at all, it is just a very well done attempt to make the old logo look cool. And the othr logos, like the one of the pissed buffalo head.. that crap is ugly, WORSE then the slug, and if you dont think that you need to be taken out back and beaten with a stick...

I think this dude is right to be honest. He's not uneducated or a bad sports fan, he just left something out. If we were to use the celcius logo that seems to be the most popular one (the one just like the original but moderized) then we do not progress, we just recycle. I personally do not want to recycle an era of 1 stanley cup appearance, lots of losses to the Boston Bruins, and passing on Kieth Tkuchuk for Brad May (save the May day comments Kieth would have made our team a lot more dangerous) along with a ton of bad decisions and a constant loss of money. Yeah yeah we had the French Connection.. but that was 30 freakin years ago, time to move along... using the Slabyk designs just recycles these memories which may be good for you and your childhood memories but really did not represent massive amounts of glory... 1 stanley cup appearance does not represent glory...

The Goat head era was successful, and showed us moving on, but that was Rigas and we really, I think we can all agree, need to close that book.

This is B-Toms' era... an era where we are to hopefully FINALLY forget lost stanley cups and Tom Draper as our starting goalie (wOOt) and move to something truly progressive.

This guy is right because all of you want to recycle the past for something that looks similar to the past... that is not moving forward, and really how do you value a past full of losing? Losers always try their best and finish second kids.. I'm tired of being a loser and I'm tired of logos that remind me of those painful losses... I want something totally new... The slug isn't ugly it's just incomplete. none of you people have any clue what the final product will look like, just one piece of a large puzzle in the slug. It might suck, and if it is just that slug yeah, guess what it will BLOW but I'm not signing frickin' petitions about something I've seen one piece of... it'd be like looking at a picture of only a single pimple up close, saying whoever has that pimple is *certainly* the ugliest person on earth, and then finding out later it's Tyra Banks, and it is the smallest little pimple on earth and you'd never notice it without a super zoom... now one of you is going to say, "well this isn't a small little nothing, it's so ugly nothing can justify it..." you dont' know that, and until you see the final product you won't know...

See I hate it when SOME of you idiots do this... someone comes on here and tries to make a good point, because really his point is interesting... you dont have to agree with it, but its interesting none the less and should spawn an interesting conversation. But making a point like this gets you scoulded for 2 pages by by some of you, the same people who scolded me for saying the Sabres would be fine last offseason and for defending Darcy and Lindy.. me, the same person who said you all are panicing too much and it will all work out... you all called me an idiot... look who was right? Yes, I am bitter about that, because I've never been so frusterated at my own kind (fellow Sabres fans) before... people that wanted to boycott a team that we are LUCKY to have in this shell of a city because we didn't want to over pay for idiots like Darrien Hatcher who some fo you were just so addament about signing... yeah last time I checked this team full of losers torched his slow ass...

So I make another prediction: the new jersys will come out and look great, or at least certainly not as bad as you all think... and if I'm wrong, like I said last offseason, then so be it, but I wil not be embarassed to be a Sabres fan hahahaha come on now, please kids, that's lame. If it looks bad then we'll all jsut buy the "3rd" jersey and eventually it will send the message they dropped the ball. But until we see the final product all this hooting an hollering is literally over nothing.

PS: I'm not being cocky here by making this annoying prediction... kids I have no clue what this is gonna look like and like all of you I'm a tad worried. And obviously if I didn't like it on here then I'd never post so spare the whole "well if you dont like us or think we're idiots why dont you just leave mr. high and mighty" argument. I'm not calling some of you wrong for not liking this piece of our new uni's... I'm calling some of you wrong for throwing a tizzy at the guy who started this thread, because really his point isn't bad, it's actually pretty good...

not the worst post ever. but i stioll prefer the elcius designs. i hope i eat #%^$#! on this one and the new unis are sweet. how's that?

I had an idea (while watching an old Premier league game) stay with me on this because its a way to solve the logo debate, by not having one in the center.

The colors go to blue and gold, we can have the old crest on the shoulders. but in the center a Labatt Blue Logo, we sell rights to for example Labatt Blue, its extra revenue for the team, its a product we can get behind. We don't root for the team because their name is the sabres, we root for them because its the Buffalo Hockey Club, in fact, call them that, Buffalo H.C. We can call them the sabres if we want. But who wouldnt support the old Labatt Blue and Gold?

And another thing, we get rid of the music during games, don't need it. We'll sing our own songs, and make chants. Not just lets go buffalo, how elementary. But other things made for that game. But we would bring in the organ, need an organ.

I thought I would think of something totally different.

First off, the celcius logo... it is the old logo. A lot of you support Slabyk, I like the design don't get me wrong, but it is literally the old logo slightly moderized... big whoop. Slabyk's design is not progressive at all, it is just a very well done attempt to make the old logo look cool. And the othr logos, like the one of the pissed buffalo head.. that crap is ugly, WORSE then the slug, and if you dont think that you need to be taken out back and beaten with a stick...

I think this dude is right to be honest. He's not uneducated or a bad sports fan, he just left something out. If we were to use the celcius logo that seems to be the most popular one (the one just like the original but moderized) then we do not progress, we just recycle. I personally do not want to recycle an era of 1 stanley cup appearance, lots of losses to the Boston Bruins, and passing on Kieth Tkuchuk for Brad May (save the May day comments Kieth would have made our team a lot more dangerous) along with a ton of bad decisions and a constant loss of money. Yeah yeah we had the French Connection.. but that was 30 freakin years ago, time to move along... using the Slabyk designs just recycles these memories which may be good for you and your childhood memories but really did not represent massive amounts of glory... 1 stanley cup appearance does not represent glory...

The Goat head era was successful, and showed us moving on, but that was Rigas and we really, I think we can all agree, need to close that book.

This is B-Toms' era... an era where we are to hopefully FINALLY forget lost stanley cups and Tom Draper as our starting goalie (wOOt) and move to something truly progressive.

This guy is right because all of you want to recycle the past for something that looks similar to the past... that is not moving forward, and really how do you value a past full of losing? Losers always try their best and finish second kids.. I'm tired of being a loser and I'm tired of logos that remind me of those painful losses... I want something totally new... The slug isn't ugly it's just incomplete. none of you people have any clue what the final product will look like, just one piece of a large puzzle in the slug. It might suck, and if it is just that slug yeah, guess what it will BLOW but I'm not signing frickin' petitions about something I've seen one piece of... it'd be like looking at a picture of only a single pimple up close, saying whoever has that pimple is *certainly* the ugliest person on earth, and then finding out later it's Tyra Banks, and it is the smallest little pimple on earth and you'd never notice it without a super zoom... now one of you is going to say, "well this isn't a small little nothing, it's so ugly nothing can justify it..." you dont' know that, and until you see the final product you won't know...

See I hate it when SOME of you idiots do this... someone comes on here and tries to make a good point, because really his point is interesting... you dont have to agree with it, but its interesting none the less and should spawn an interesting conversation. But making a point like this gets you scoulded for 2 pages by by some of you, the same people who scolded me for saying the Sabres would be fine last offseason and for defending Darcy and Lindy.. me, the same person who said you all are panicing too much and it will all work out... you all called me an idiot... look who was right? Yes, I am bitter about that, because I've never been so frusterated at my own kind (fellow Sabres fans) before... people that wanted to boycott a team that we are LUCKY to have in this shell of a city because we didn't want to over pay for idiots like Darrien Hatcher who some fo you were just so addament about signing... yeah last time I checked this team full of losers torched his slow ass...

So I make another prediction: the new jersys will come out and look great, or at least certainly not as bad as you all think... and if I'm wrong, like I said last offseason, then so be it, but I wil not be embarassed to be a Sabres fan hahahaha come on now, please kids, that's lame. If it looks bad then we'll all jsut buy the "3rd" jersey and eventually it will send the message they dropped the ball. But until we see the final product all this hooting an hollering is literally over nothing.

PS: I'm not being cocky here by making this annoying prediction... kids I have no clue what this is gonna look like and like all of you I'm a tad worried. And obviously if I didn't like it on here then I'd never post so spare the whole "well if you dont like us or think we're idiots why dont you just leave mr. high and mighty" argument. I'm not calling some of you wrong for not liking this piece of our new uni's... I'm calling some of you wrong for throwing a tizzy at the guy who started this thread, because really his point isn't bad, it's actually pretty good...

did anyone mention this post was just way too long?

for a guy that has only posted 5 times you sure seem to have a lot of Nostradamus in you...

Archived