Current prospects in Rochester

Barnabov

There are very few slots even with trading Pyatt, assuming we sign all our RFAs.

I just looked at the Rochester stats last year and matched them up with the sabres.com prospects list (which hasn't been updated as Leighton/Cullen/McMorrow and others who've been released are still on it).

Anyway, those in know - who might stay up after training camp this year? Here are their Games played, goals & assists and plus/minus for 05-06

Novotny © 66 / 17 + 34 / +2

MacArthur (LW) 69 / 21+32 / -1

Thorburn © 77 / 23+27 / -1

Paetsch (D) 72 / 11+39 / +3

Mancari (RW) 71 / 18+24 / -1

Ryan (LW) 56 / 14+23 / -6

Jillson (D) 73 / 10+20/ -2

Paille (F) 45 /14+13/ +7

I ask because I saw it mentioned in articles on Pyatt trade that Paille might be his replacement and I wonder why he would be called up before the others.

Also, it's seems to pretty much be a given that Jillson or Paetsch will be our 7th D-man. Personally I would let Jillson sit most nights as the scratch and play the odd emergency need, but call up Paetsch (if he can clear waivers - don't know if he needs to???) for extended stretches.

There are very few slots even with trading Pyatt, assuming we sign all our RFAs.

I just looked at the Rochester stats last year and matched them up with the sabres.com prospects list (which hasn't been updated as Leighton/Cullen/McMorrow and others who've been released are still on it).

Anyway, those in know - who might stay up after training camp this year? Here are their Games played, goals & assists and plus/minus for 05-06

Novotny ? 66 / 17 + 34 / +2

MacArthur (LW) 69 / 21+32 / -1

Thorburn ? 77 / 23+27 / -1

Paetsch (D) 72 / 11+39 / +3

Mancari (RW) 71 / 18+24 / -1

Ryan (LW) 56 / 14+23 / -6

Jillson (D) 73 / 10+20/ -2

Paille (F) 45 /14+13/ +7

I ask because I saw it mentioned in articles on Pyatt trade that Paille might be his replacement and I wonder why he would be called up before the others.

Also, it's seems to pretty much be a given that Jillson or Paetsch will be our 7th D-man. Personally I would let Jillson sit most nights as the scratch and play the odd emergency need, but call up Paetsch (if he can clear waivers - don't know if he needs to???) for extended stretches.

Novotny ? 66 / 17 + 34 / +2...Has a chance as a 4th liner(Grier/Pyatt replacement)

MacArthur (LW) 69 / 21+32 / -1...With the logjam at forward, I expect him to play another year with the Amerks, but he was a pleasent surprise in 05-06.

Thorburn ? 77 / 23+27 / -1...Has a chance as a 4th liner. More of a physical presence than Novotny and Paille(Grier/Pyatt replacement)

Paetsch (D) 72 / 11+39 / +3...Currently #7 on the depth chart. I did not realize he already has 3 years of AHL experience. Will probably be given a great shot in training camp to stick with the big club.

Mancari (RW) 71 / 18+24 / -1...Probably at least 1 or 2 years away.

Ryan (LW) 56 / 14+23 / -6...Not sure why he was tendered an offer. Has never shown much other than the inability to stay healthy.

Jillson (D) 73 / 10+20/ -2...Time to cut him loose and bring in another AHL vet to work with the young guys(Card, Funk & Sekera)

Paille (F) 45 /14+13/ +7...Has a very good chance to make the roster as a 3rd line player(I'd rank his chances as better than Novotny and Thorburn)

One guy you didn't mention was Stafford. He is highly rated, but I don't know if he can make the jump right from the college ranks to the NHL.

Novotny ? 66 / 17 + 34 / +2...Has a chance as a 4th liner(Grier/Pyatt replacement)

MacArthur (LW) 69 / 21+32 / -1...With the logjam at forward, I expect him to play another year with the Amerks, but he was a pleasent surprise in 05-06.

Thorburn ? 77 / 23+27 / -1...Has a chance as a 4th liner. More of a physical presence than Novotny and Paille(Grier/Pyatt replacement)

Paetsch (D) 72 / 11+39 / +3...Currently #7 on the depth chart. I did not realize he already has 3 years of AHL experience. Will probably be given a great shot in training camp to stick with the big club.

Mancari (RW) 71 / 18+24 / -1...Probably at least 1 or 2 years away.

Ryan (LW) 56 / 14+23 / -6...Not sure why he was tendered an offer. Has never shown much other than the inability to stay healthy.

Jillson (D) 73 / 10+20/ -2...Time to cut him loose and bring in another AHL vet to work with the young guys(Card, Funk & Sekera)

Paille (F) 45 /14+13/ +7...Has a very good chance to make the roster as a 3rd line player(I'd rank his chances as better than Novotny and Thorburn)

One guy you didn't mention was Stafford. He is highly rated, but I don't know if he can make the jump right from the college ranks to the NHL.

I generally agree with your assessments, but don't expect to see Paille on the October 4 roster. He doesn't have to clear waivers to be sent down, but Novotny, Thorburn, and Ryan will need to clear waivers to go down. I would not be surprised though to see Paille as the 1st injury call up as he appears to be ready for the NHL.

Paetsch having to clear waivers to be sent down may be the impetus to keep Fitzpatrick unsigned as well. In earlier threads, I hadn't considered Nathan's waiver status in regards to where he may end up. Barring a trade, I'd expect Paetsch to be the 7th D-man and Jillson to be the early season 8th with one of the younger guys replacing Jillson at 8th as the season wears on.

Anyone have an updated list of prospects going to Rochester this year (including those signed this off-season & taking out those who've been released)?

BTW, we still do not have any goalies in the system to play in Rochester this season, as OHL goalie Adam Dennis still hasn't signed a contract to the best of my knowledge. We should probably get on that.

Anyone have an updated list of prospects going to Rochester this year (including those signed this off-season & taking out those who've been released)?

BTW, we still do not have any goalies in the system to play in Rochester this season, as OHL goalie Adam Dennis still hasn't signed a contract to the best of my knowledge. We should probably get on that.

In addition to these players that were already mentioned...

Novotny

MacArthur

Thorburn

Paetsch

Mancari

Ryan

Jillson

Paille

I believe the following players are under contract...

Kaleta

Hunter

Sekara

Card

Funk

Stafford

It is rumored that the Sabres have also made offers to the following players...

Dennis

Zagrapan

Gogulla

Kriukov

Ahhh...the punchline to many a joke may finally show his face. Dude was absolutely missing foir the last few years.

Based on his stats provided in the link below, it is hard to believe that the Sabres want to pursue signing Kriukov. The problem is that you can't find a lot of info on this guy, so it's hard to say what role he is playing on his team. For all I know, he could be playing Andrew Peters like minutes. ;)

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdispla...p3?pid=00059430

Archived